ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling
Bowser 06:50 PM 10-29-2023
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
[Reply]
ChiefEd 12:03 PM 11-05-2023
“There aren’t any pictures on the scorecard”

7-2 Bitches!!!
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:17 PM 11-05-2023
Maybe the OL is tipping the plays; seen a lot of running plays where there are a couple of DL waiting in the backfield. There's a lot of new moving parts and it does appear that the league is letting defenses play more physical (which I think is a good thing).
[Reply]
mschiefs1984 12:25 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Legit criticism of Nagy is right after he had a Come to Jesus gathering with the offense on the sideline… they promptly go and have a 3 and out.

Andy obviously is the brain trust for the offense and calls the plays, but perhaps missing EB’s intensity to balance Andy’s cerebral nature is missing more than we thought.
Criticism of Nagy can also go into the game plan. The OC doesn't call the plays on Sunday but they do have a lot to do with putting the game plan together. And that has been lackluster this season. That's probably where they are missing EB the most
[Reply]
Danguardace 12:25 PM 11-05-2023
Can't wait for Nagy to get another white privilege head coach job and fuck off
[Reply]
Rausch 12:27 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by mschiefs1984:
That's probably where they are missing EB the most
Where they are missing EB most is the fucking accountability he demanded of his guys. If you shit the bed you got a face full of EB on the sidelines. He had no patience for dipshittery...
[Reply]
TLO 12:42 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Can't wait for Nagy to get another white privilege head coach job and **** off
lol wat
[Reply]
tredadda 12:45 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Can't wait for Nagy to get another white privilege head coach job and fuck off
Seriously?
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:46 PM 11-05-2023
No one is poaching Nagy
[Reply]
RunKC 12:46 PM 11-05-2023
Was it just me or did it look like Andy dialed down the play calling in the 2nd half? Almost like he's saving plays and didn't want to use them with that big of a lead
[Reply]
ChiefEd 12:47 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Was it just me or did it look like Andy dialed down the play calling in the 2nd half? Almost like he's saving plays and didn't want to use them with that big of a lead
Ding ding! We have a winner. We’re gonna play these guys again. Don’t put too much on film….
[Reply]
petegz28 12:49 PM 11-05-2023
Someone may have already said this but could one of you people with "connections" please remind Nagy that Patrick Mahomes is our QB and not Mitch Trubisky?

I think he has been using his Chicago play sheet.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:49 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
EB doing stuff with some good WR's, a shit OL, and a fifth round QB who melts under pressure.

EB can come back anytime he likes if Nagy is promoted to team cheerleader.
I still don't understand why Chief Fans disliked EB so much. He was really, really good at his job and was an important part of our success. One would think Chief Fans would appreciate that.
[Reply]
TEX 12:49 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
No, you didn't imagine it. It looked like that's what happened. But, we do have a problem scoring in the second half of games. If it wasn't for that, I'd be all in on your theory.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:49 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Doesn't matter.

Bottom line is
EB/Reid>Nagy/Reid
It's not bottom line. Get players who can execute instead of having to do gymnastics to scheme around them. It reminds me of the days of scheming around Jordan black not holding his block for a split second.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:52 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It's not bottom line. Get players who can execute instead of having to do gymnastics to scheme around them. It reminds me of the days of scheming around Jordan black not holding his block for a split second.
You have the same players as last year, moran.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 20
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up