ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 48
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 12:45 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
I saw one in Saudi Arabia. The head continued to scream for a bit. Then it turned all waxy and greenish. Odd thing to see at 16.
I am curious as to how a 16 year old ends up in this position.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:54 PM 08-08-2016
Damn if schlitterbaun doubles down on the dangerous ride stance. Slap some sunglasses and an obey flatbill on that ride.
[Reply]
eDave 12:58 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
I am curious as to how a 16 year old ends up in this position.
My family lived there in the 80's. Dad worked for TWA. Beheadings were public but I only heard of, and saw, one. We heard about it, headed down to the square, forced ourselves to the front and watched. Grabbed a Shawarma on the way of course.

There were lot's of public chopping off of hands though. All Pakistani's. Theft. And the hand you use to clean yourself.

And tooge is right now that I think about it. It was the last remnants of his scream. The head plopped into a basket. Then the basket fell over and the head rolled out. It was greenish and waxy.

Here's 1/2 of the compound we lived in. Saudia City. We used to smoke hash on the top of those high rises (upper right). Our villa was just off the bottom of the photo. That refinery is/was owned by Aramco. I rode my bike up to it once and got a facefull of gun from the guards.

That's the Red Sea. Beautiful reefs and all manner of aquatic life. Water is so salty you had to wear weights so you could dive. hated getting out as the salt would dry on your skin and it sucked.

[Reply]
gblowfish 01:01 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
How should they have to die?
Ha ha. You're really funny today smart ass.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:05 PM 08-08-2016
I read from someone who allegedly had a mother who works at the park say that the child bounced off on the second hill and that his head became entangled in the net and hoop and was decapitated. :-)

They will certainly pay out a settlement, and the ride may ultimately be scrapped due to public perception, but honestly they could get away with making modifications to it.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:08 PM 08-08-2016
Oceans of Funs new slogan. Beheading free since the 80's.
[Reply]
eDave 01:14 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I read from someone who allegedly had a mother who works at the park say that the child bounced off on the second hill and that his head became entangled in the net and hoop and was decapitated. :-)

They will certainly pay out a settlement, and the ride may ultimately be scrapped due to public perception, but honestly they could get away with making modifications to it.
Didn't it get some bad press over a failed test before opening? Too much negative mojo to keep it open. I ain't riding it. F that now.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:18 PM 08-08-2016
Didn't it get some bad press over a failed test before opening? Too much negative mojo to keep it open. I ain't riding it. F that now.
yes it actually went through a $1mil in modifications after testing to ensure safety as they kept losing rafts over the side. That same net design appears on their other slides but those may not be as prone to the raft lifting as Verruckt, so they may be forced to evaluate that issue company-wide..
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:18 PM 08-08-2016
They had to delay the opening multiple times because they were struggling on tests.

It'll be on them to prove this ride was safe and well it isn't.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:21 PM 08-08-2016
you can see how the flattened out the second incline

BEFORE

AFTER

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:23 PM 08-08-2016
Honestly, it doesn't look that fun. I love waterslides, but they don't require getting strapped in a raft. I love roller coasters and they are going to give you a better ride than this thing. It looks like a less-impressive Mamba in the water. Perhaps the risk of beheading gives it a better thrill factor.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:25 PM 08-08-2016
And yes, the president/head engineer for the company was in fact quoted as saying that the initial design was based upon roller coaster physics, and they found during testing that it did not behave like a coaster (no shit, since there aren't any up-stop wheels to prevent the car from leaving the track)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:29 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
And yes, the president/head engineer for the company was in fact quoted as saying that the initial design was based upon roller coaster physics, and they found during testing that it did not behave like a coaster (no shit, since there aren't any up-stop wheels to prevent the car from leaving the track)
Could have run this thing through roller coaster tycoon and seen that this was going to fail.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:34 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
The Timberwolf is still open even though that girl died on it. But with the onslaught of social media, they are probably going to have to dismantle it. Will be interesting to see what an investigation says and how he came up off that raft.
I doubt they will be able to find insurance for the ride without making any major changes. Like why isn't the raft secured better to the slide to prevent the raft jumping up into the netting and it's structure. A rail system seems like an obvious fix. But it may not be.
[Reply]
eDave 01:36 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Could have run this thing through roller coaster tycoon and seen that this was going to fail.
Ah. I remember the days of building coasters that would kill everyone. Fun times that.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 48
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up