TLO 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:12 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by NWChubb83:
Derp.

With that rationale, “KC has a bunch of new guys on the o-line, doesn’t mean they are good” See? I can do this too.

You guys throw around the word Jags a lot. What we trotted out last year in the playoffs was a bunch of Jags and Myles and Denzel. We have upgraded literally every position on defense. Browns defense will be much, much better by end of year.

I’m not challenging KC’s offense. I realize it will be extremely difficult game for Browns D, but they will be light years better than the abortion we had last year.
Beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead this year will be tough enough, but on Opening Day when the fans have not been there together in so long, will be impossible.

By the end of the year, you guys will be a few games back of the Ravens and praying for a string of teams to lose to get a wildcard like you did last year.

Then you will have to pay Baker, even though he will never get you over the hump. Your team is destined to be an also ran for another decade.
[Reply]
NWChubb83 04:25 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Funny enough Claiborn had more sacks than Clowney and Takk combined last season. He almost had more QB Hits than the two combined as well.

Not sure what you’ve seen from Clowney or McKinley over the last 2 years that would make you enthusiastic about the pass rush at all.

Malik Jackson is old and hasn’t been productive in like 3 seasons. Maybe he finds the fountain of youth this year.

No mention of losing Sheldon Richardson or Olivier Vernon?
Meh.. would have been nice to keep Richardson. Vernon? Had a few good games then would disappear. He tore his achilles before playoffs.

Look, you can throw all the stats you want, I can tell you as a fan of the team I feel a hundred million times better about this defense than last year, including the pass rush. Not even close.

Regardless, it still probably won’t slow down KC offense. At least not week 1.

Vegas has the line at 6. Sounds like you all should be lining up at the ticket counter to cash your tickets. :-)
[Reply]
NWChubb83 04:29 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead this year will be tough enough, but on Opening Day when the fans have not been there together in so long, will be impossible.

By the end of the year, you guys will be a few games back of the Ravens and praying for a string of teams to lose to get a wildcard like you did last year.

Then you will have to pay Baker, even though he will never get you over the hump. Your team is destined to be an also ran for another decade.

Browns actually didn’t have to pray at all last year to get in the playoffs, but go off.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:31 PM 08-29-2021
Just 6 points? Would like to know how they came to that conclusion . . .
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:35 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The 12th man will be back off IR.
the stadium got loud in the 4th quarter for a goal line stand with the scrubs in on both sides. The players missed the fans. The fans missed live football. Real live try your best football in front of 79K. Hoorah
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:51 PM 08-29-2021
:-) Where are all these new mystery defenders coming from for the Browns. The only unit you actually overhauled was the DL, and that just looks like a bunch of plebs + Garrett, exactly like last year. Added Johnson through free agency and Newsome and JOK through the draft. Should help the back end quite a bit, but it's not some gigantic overhaul like you'd have us believe.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:06 PM 08-29-2021
Meh.. would have been nice to keep Richardson. Vernon? Had a few good games then would disappear. He tore his achilles before playoffs.

Look, you can throw all the stats you want, I can tell you as a fan of the team I feel a hundred million times better about this defense than last year, including the pass rush. Not even close.

Vegas has the line at 6. Sounds like you all should be lining up at the ticket counter to cash your tickets. :-)
Well, there’s no reason to expect Cleveland’s offense to have much more success, so if the defense doesn’t slow down the Chiefs, that adds up to a comfortable win. Sounds like you should be dropping a bet too.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:10 PM 08-29-2021
Browns actually didn’t have to pray at all last year to get in the playoffs, but go off.
Chiefs will be going off on your shitty defense. :-)

I am thinking it might be a blowout.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:13 PM 08-29-2021

Since you’re Browns Fan, then you know exactly how bad the pass rush was last season. The stats don’t matter, because you watched them every week and know what you saw. Fair enough.

Let’s check in on Falcons Fan for his thoughts on Takk McKinley:

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...ey-was-a-bust/
[Reply]
NWChubb83 05:14 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Where are all these new mystery defenders coming from for the Browns. The only unit you actually overhauled was the DL, and that just looks like a bunch of plebs + Garrett, exactly like last year. Added Johnson through free agency and Newsome and JOK through the draft. Should help the back end quite a bit, but it's not some gigantic overhaul like you'd have us believe.
I mean.. you missed a few guys. And we have a few coming back from injury last year that didn't play a snap. Not sure why you guys are funny on challenging this? I concede regardless, it going to be difficult to slow down Chiefs.

S Grant Delpit- coming off season long injury in 2020. Was second round pick in 2020. Probably won't see him until later in year, but expected to contribute quite a bit.

CB Greedy Williams- coming off season long injury in 2020.

LB- Anthony Walker- FA - will start

CB- Troy Hill- FA- slot corner

And as you mentioned added FA JJ III, Clowney, McKinley and Jackson and drafted Newsome and JOK.
[Reply]
NWChubb83 05:18 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Well, there’s no reason to expect Cleveland’s offense to have much more success, so if the defense doesn’t slow down the Chiefs, that adds up to a comfortable win. Sounds like you should be dropping a bet too.
Yep- better get my bet in before the line shoots up to 20.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:22 PM 08-29-2021
I mean.. you missed a few guys. And we have a few coming back from injury last year that didn't play a snap. Not sure why you guys are funny on challenging this? I concede regardless, it going to be difficult to slow down Chiefs.

S Grant Delpit- coming off season long injury in 2020. Was second round pick in 2020. Probably won't see him until later in year, but expected to contribute quite a bit.

CB Greedy Williams- coming off season long injury in 2020.

LB- Anthony Walker- FA - will start

CB- Troy Hill- FA- slot corner

And as you mentioned added FA JJ III, Clowney, McKinley and Jackson and drafted Newsome and JOK.
Looks like a bunch of Jags. :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:23 PM 08-29-2021
Yep- better get my bet in before the line shoots up to 20.
You seem reasonable. What are your thoughts on OBJ. Coming back? Is he healthy?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:29 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Qualify that better Chiefs have an OBJ too
[Reply]
NWChubb83 05:30 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
All in good fun.

OBJ is healthy and coming back. If he makes a positive net contribution to the offense? I'll believe it when I see it. Browns fan were all hoping after the trade he would have made more of an impact, but obviously not the case. I think OBJ is gone after this year regardless.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 106
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up