ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Paul Di'Anno - Legend of Metal
InChiefsHeaven 09:14 AM Today
Man. Just saw this today, don't know how I missed it. Paul Di'Anno, original lead singer of Iron Maiden, died in his home on the 21st.

I mean, he was only 66. He'd been having a lot of health issues and was in a wheel chair, but no cause of death has been released.

Iron Maiden was the soundtrack of my youth, and I remember the first time I heard them in '81. I was like 10 years old and it was the Killers album with Paul Di'Anno growling away on vocals. The next album was Number of the Beast with Bruce Dickenson, who was and is a much better frontman, but there will always be a special place in my heart for Paul Di'Anno.

RIP to a great front man, largely responsible for the early days of Maiden's success.

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:15 AM Today
I originally put this in the Media forum, but I believe Paul needs a little more play...Thanks IowaHawkeyeChief
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 09:18 AM Today
He was perfect for the first two Maiden albums.

RIP
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 09:20 AM Today

[Reply]
lcarus 10:19 AM Today
Love Bruce Dickinson. But the first couple albums with Di'Anno are pretty damn great.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Love Bruce Dickinson. But the first couple albums with Di'Anno are pretty damn great.
Agreed. Bruce is the iconic voice of Maiden, and one of my biggest influences. That said, Paul had a great presence and vocal presentation that was perfect for the first 2 albums. He could never have done what Bruce did after he left, but damn that dude could rock.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:44 AM Today
RIP
I have to admit though, I had forgotten there was someone before Bruce.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
RIP
I have to admit though, I had forgotten there was someone before Bruce.
Darn kids! :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:16 AM Today
Loved their Album covers back in the day when you actually played a record... RIP
[Reply]
Up