ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Is the NFL boring now?
Mecca 11:28 AM Today
Let's bring this over from the other thread because I think this is a worthy discussion topic.

I know we're all watching because hey the Chiefs are the cream of the crop but in general is the NFL a more boring product now?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I'll be honest, I think this is actually the root of why you made this thread. If I'm wrong let me know, but it seems like you're bored because Mahomes is playing like Alex Smith right now.
As long as the Chiefs win, I'm talking more in a league wide perspective. Like there have been some brutal as hell games to watch this year. That Colts Bears game was just awful yesterday.
[Reply]
TLO 12:47 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
As long as the Chiefs win, I'm talking more in a league wide perspective. Like there have been some brutal as hell games to watch this year. That Colts Bears game was just awful yesterday.
Then don't watch? :-)
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:47 PM Today
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Is it wrong to wish for this to be the NFL again?

lol the description is accurate

that one dude just stomped on the other dude's spine
[Reply]
TLO 12:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
lol the description is accurate

that one dude just stomped on the other dude's spine
That was pretty epic.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:49 PM Today
Fair.

I'd point to the young QBs who have no idea how to string together a long TD drive because 1 negative play completely ruins it. And like you said, offenses aren't built like they were in the mid 2000s to completely demolish this kind of look.

So yeah, instead of defenses making exciting plays and huge hits, you watch half baked offenses try to not fuck up for 10+ plays.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:53 PM Today
Well, yeah. That's been most of the league for years... you hope there are 1 or two games each week with two good QBs playing against each other, and the rest is garbage.

Watching Mahomes and Allen check down all game isn't great, but offenses opening up won't magically fix the awful QB play of the other 28+ teams.

I looked down yesterday's schedule and decided I wouldn't even bother... I was interested in a few final scores, but figured watching the actual games would be a huge waste of time. At least with CFB, you have more than one or two options at a time, so I'll always take a chance being lazy all day Saturday over the NFL's bullshit.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:55 PM Today
There are also more prime time/stand alone games than ever before… so you are potentially stuck with more bad games.

That also takes away from the variety of available games at 1/4:25 Eastern on Sunday’s.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah I enjoy watching college football way more
because Nebby finally has a winning record?
[Reply]
O.city 01:32 PM Today
How about instead of bitching about defenses doing this or that, just run the ball wel and beat the fuck out of them?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
How about instead of bitching about defenses doing this or that, just run the ball wel and beat the fuck out of them?
As was discussed in that other thread, most of the guys in the NFL on the OL and in the backfield have been in spread schemes since they were 14, they just aren't equipped or experienced to do it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:39 PM Today
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
No, it's better IMO. The NBA needs to put defense back in as well and maybe I'll watch the shit.

Although the 2 high shit is old since it eliminates a lot of big plays downfield.
I agree it's unwatchable and I miss the hard defense and the strategy to attack it(NBA)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:51 PM Today
Yeah, it's more boring. I mean, just look at the scoreboard.

NYG/CLE, terrible awful watch even if you are a fan of either team

CHI/IND, ditto

PHI/NOR, terrible

LAC/PIT

And however many others that were unwatchable or really close to unwatchable. Now, injuries played a part, I get it. but the common denominator in most of those games is mediocre/poor QB play. It doesn't help that many of these QBs today come into the league unable to play under center, don't have a good grasp of fundamentals, and are basically just great athletes that can chuck a deep ball, but can't read a defense, can't throw with anticipation or throw a basic timing route, etc. and so on.

Hell, that's what made Aaron Rodgers' dissection of NE's defense so much fun and dare I say, unusual in today's NFL.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up