ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 59
« First < 9495556575859
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:38 PM 05-06-2024
Do not waste your time on "The Jester".

A guy in a creepy mask.......has supernatural powers never explained......nor explaining his connection to the main characters.

Just ungodly awful.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:26 PM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Just watched back to back F’d up movies.

Martyrs (the American version) and Poughkeepsie tapes

Martyrs was excellent. Tapes was ok but both are not a “fun” watch by any means
So im halfway through the original version of Martyrs right now.

This is a French movie. I had to stop and check.

If anyone is familiar with French shock-horror movies then you should know exactly what to expect here. It goes without saying.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:15 PM 05-15-2024
I enjoyed Late Night With The Devil.

As someone said earlier it was like a Tales from the Crypt or Twilight Zone episode done right. Not ground breaking or exploring much new but it was good. Solid low budget horror.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:17 PM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I enjoyed Late Night With The Devil.

As someone said earlier it was like a Tales from the Crypt or Twilight Zone episode done right. Not ground breaking or exploring much new but it was good. Solid low budget horror.

Yep!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:49 AM 05-21-2024
Talk to Me was pretty interesting. Obviously had some heavy drug addiction undertones, but even without the metaphorical it was entertaining and a little creepy.

It’s free on Amazon Prime if you’re interested.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:46 PM 07-18-2024
The Last Voyage of the Demeter was OK.

IMO, the characters were just a little too stupid for my liking.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 01:51 PM 07-20-2024
The Devil's Bath

Its currently 90/73 on RT so went for it

Meh. Slow burn of a women in the 1700s devolving into madness. Too psychological artsy for me and never really delivered on the burn imo

Would not recommend despite the RT scores
[Reply]
Fish 02:57 PM 08-28-2024
Longlegs

The trailer looked really good. Unfortunately, the full movie wasn't very good though. Nic Cage did not help it. He was overacting, and it was just weird.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:59 PM 08-28-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
Longlegs

The trailer looked really good. Unfortunately, the full movie wasn't very good though. Nic Cage did not help it. He was overacting, and it was just weird.
Totally disagree. I enjoyed it and i thought Cage did a great job of being a weirdo freak.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:21 PM 08-28-2024
I think somehow Hollywood forgot how to make a good horror flick. Haven't seen a good one in ages, it seems like.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:29 PM 08-28-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think somehow Hollywood forgot how to make a good horror flick. Haven't seen a good one in ages, it seems like.
What kind of horror do you like?

The one KCUnited and I discussed below is worth a watch for horror fans. This one stands out among the crowd. Not a major studio title and not layered in SFX. Just a good story driven, creepy movie.

If you're into more "Hollywood" jump scare, SFX etc style horror, let me know as id have some recommendations for that too.

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Looking forward to When Evil Lurks dropping in Oct

Early reviews seem positive

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I watched this last night and enjoyed it

Evil possession thriller set in Argentina with some pretty fucked up scenes

Subtitled but easy to follow. Recommended
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Watched this last night.

Foreign movie, so you can expect foreign movie things. The kind of disturbing deaths that you really don't see in American horror. Like other foreign horror, you don't finish the movie feeling very good. It's dark, it's twisted. It wont be for everyone because of the ending, but i enjoyed it. Would recommend.

[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:32 PM 08-28-2024
Re-watching the trailer...the trailer just doesnt do the movie justice.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:41 AM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
hold on......

Ari Aster?

Hereditary
Midsommar

There's others for sure, but I'd start there if you havent seen them.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:01 PM 08-29-2024
Independent and foreign horror is where its at

If you're looking for "Hollywood" type stuff then it probably peaked in the 90s but that might be semantics

If I could go back in time I'd throw myself 100% into horror film creation, whether it be production, writing, makeup, whatever...

Like the 2 dudes from Summer School

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:27 PM 08-29-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
What kind of horror do you like?

The one KCUnited and I discussed below is worth a watch for horror fans. This one stands out among the crowd. Not a major studio title and not layered in SFX. Just a good story driven, creepy movie.

If you're into more "Hollywood" jump scare, SFX etc style horror, let me know as id have some recommendations for that too.

I'm an old school horror flick guy. The whole "let's just try and get as many 'jump out of your seat' gags in as possible is boring.

The Exorcist
Damien Omen (I)
Alien
The Shining
Jacob's Ladder
The Thing
Poltergeist(I)
Silence of the Lambs

That sort of thing.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 59
« First < 9495556575859