ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM Yesterday
Don't start being shy now mods to update and links...

Blow by Blow

On the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/live/NLhxcyz...zEXFzc7SMzsByZ

[Reply]
Mecca 03:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
This isn’t a once in a life time hurricane. jFC Fox News. Drama misinformation much?
They said that because storms never hit that side of Florida, it's why the idea of Hurricane hitting Tampa flips everyone out.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:03 PM Today
Storm surge is gonna be a bitch to deal with.

But it’s not gonna level the state like Andrew did.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They said that because storms never hit that side of Florida, it's why the idea of Hurricane hitting Tampa flips everyone out.
Didn’t they just have one a few years ago that hit Tampa? Like 2-3 years ago?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:04 PM Today
This isn’t a once in a life time hurricane. jFC Fox News. Drama misinformation much?
Literally every channel dramatizes these things. In part, to keep people watching, and to get people to take it seriously. It happens every time.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Literally every channel dramatizes these things. In part, to keep people watching, and to get people to take it seriously. It happens every time.
Fair.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:05 PM Today
They never track the way this one has
[Reply]
Mecca 03:06 PM Today
A major hurricane hasn't hit Tampa and like 100 years, it's generally pretty safe. If you go look at hurricane trajectory in the gulf they always break toward Texas/Louisiana so it breaking the other way is like a 1 in a thousand chance.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:10 PM Today
A major hurricane hasn't hit Tampa and like 100 years, it's generally pretty safe. If you go look at hurricane trajectory in the gulf they always break toward Texas/Louisiana so it breaking the other way is like a 1 in a thousand chance.
Okay. Hide yo kids and wives.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
They never track the way this one has
Okay. Got it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I mean yes, the possibility of it weakening was always there. Hence why the weather forecasters crying on live tv was crazy.

But it was never 100%
Ok - I missed the crying weather people I guess. Weather Channel is ALWAYS overly dramatic about storms. I personally think they do it in an attempt to get people to evacuate instead of trying to ride the storm out because people are idiots.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Ok - I missed the crying weather people I guess. Weather Channel is ALWAYS overly dramatic about storms. I personally think they do it in an attempt to get people to evacuate instead of trying to ride the storm out because people are idiots.
I’ve rode out two cat 3s. Been a long time ago in the USAF. But was kinda a cool for a kid from Kansas.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:12 PM Today
1 dude cried, it was when it went from a 1 to a 5 in 12 hours and the milibars changed significantly.

It however was always forecast to come in at a 3.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:14 PM Today
One hit Fort Myers and made Sanibel Island look like an apocalypse a year or two ago, then IIRC went up the coast a bit, but not a direct hit to TB.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:18 PM Today
1 dude cried, it was when it went from a 1 to a 5 in 12 hours and the milibars changed significantly.

It however was always forecast to come in at a 3.
Yeah that was messed up. It has some good heat and moisture to pull from. But that last huge cold front that went throw was a blessing cause it was going scalp the enter off of this before land fall. Got so lucky.
[Reply]
Fish 03:20 PM Today
Why are there some weirdos who are getting argumentative about this before the thing even hits land? I don't get it.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up