ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Media Center>Deadpool & Wolverine
Bowser 04:37 PM 02-13-2024

[Reply]
BigRichard 06:13 PM 08-13-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Deadpool & Wolverine Box Office Crosses $1 Billion Milestone In Just Three Weekends
Give the masses what they want and they will hand over their money. I know I have went and saw it twice. Paid almost $60 to see it opening weekend on the IMAX. Went back for a cheap Tuesday showing last week.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 06:27 PM 08-13-2024
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Give the masses what they want and they will hand over their money. I know I have went and saw it twice. Paid almost $60 to see it opening weekend on the IMAX. Went back for a cheap Tuesday showing last week.

Yessir. Just good fun. Characters behaving like their source material inspirations while dressed in their comic book accurate outfits.

No intersectional feminism or pushing of some bullshit ESG message.

Win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:47 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Yessir. Just good fun. Characters behaving like their source material inspirations while dressed in their comic book accurate outfits.

No intersectional feminism or pushing of some bullshit ESG message.

Win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol who down voted you?
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 04:38 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Lol who down voted you?
I think that was an error on my part.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:52 PM 08-14-2024

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 06:15 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Not my fake, internet points! :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:22 PM 08-14-2024

[Reply]
srvy 09:03 PM 08-14-2024
Watched this with my family last night at AMC IMAX in Northland KC. We enjoyed the heck out of it. I laughed my ass off, something rare for me at a movie theater.

My first experience with IMAX just never understood how it could be a big difference over the Dolby. My intuition was correct to sound and the picture didn't blow me away in fact really didn't see or hear much difference. My son even asked what the big deal is with IMAX. I had no answers for him other than more money.
[Reply]
Fish 11:02 PM 08-15-2024
Finally had a chance to see this. Super funny. The plot definitely wasn't very strong. But man, the nostalgia and fan service was off the charts.

Wasn't really wild about Cassandra Nova as the main baddie. Comic version was a total ruthless bitch who would have never done anything compassionate in the slightest. If I'm remembering correctly, the only way they actually defeated her in the comics is when they gave her some kind of virus or something that actually forced her to feel empathy for others. Because she was otherwise incapable. She's basically the Magus of Xavier.

But the cameos. Wow, the cameos....

I laughed so much. Fucking Hugh Jackman nailed the part so much that I really hope they do keep him around until he's 90. The guy just chews up the Wolverine character. The grin when he's shitfaced, and Deadpool puts the gun to his head was just so classic unkillable Logan. So many tiny details that they just absolutely nailed.

The comic accurate 5'3" Logan scene... :-) As a short dude, that one hit.

Finally seeing the cowl...

Channing Tatum was OK as Gambit. Finally got to show off his awesome powers, but I still felt that it was a bit slightly off compared to what I've always anticipated the character through the comics. Maybe that's my fault.

Reynolds really nailed the Deadpool character throughout the trilogy though. He's just perfectly quirky for it.

Hopefully we'll see them both in future movies...
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 07:18 PM 08-18-2024
Did Hugh get any funny lines because he can be funny. Also gambit what the fuck Cajun accent was that was he high? Plus where gwenpool
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:17 AM 08-19-2024
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Did Hugh get any funny lines because he can be funny. Also gambit what the fuck Cajun accent was that was he high? Plus where gwenpool
For someone to do a legit Gambit they would either be French or speaks French fluently
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:18 AM 08-19-2024
It's probably TRT (testosterone replacement therapy). He doesn’t seem to have used more extreme substances like Tren or other injectable anabolics (unlike Alan Ritchson, for example). He also likely has a whole team behind him, including chefs, trainers, and psychologists, to achieve that level of fitness. Additionally, he probably works with a bodybuilder or sport scientist to optimize his physique to achieve his peak for the shirtless scene.
I saw an interview where he mentioned how much he hates the diet when preparing for that role.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:01 PM 08-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I saw an interview where he mentioned how much he hates the diet when preparing for that role.
I imagine to get that lean while retaining muscle as safely as possible there aren’t many carbs from grains—mostly coming from vegetables—very little salt, and just enough fat to keep his joints from getting brittle. Essentially, it’s is most likely a diet of the most bland and monotonous foods for 6-12 weeks straight. Think along the lines of baked or boiled, unsalted chicken breast, steamed or boiled broccoli, and a quarter of an avocado as a standard meal.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:10 AM Today
I imagine to get that lean while retaining muscle as safely as possible there aren’t many carbs from grains—mostly coming from vegetables—very little salt, and just enough fat to keep his joints from getting brittle. Essentially, it’s is most likely a diet of the most bland and monotonous foods for 6-12 weeks straight. Think along the lines of baked or boiled, unsalted chicken breast, steamed or boiled broccoli, and a quarter of an avocado as a standard meal.
https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/fitn...t-workout-plan
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:07 AM Today

[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up