ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 330 of 330
« First < 230280320326327328329330
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:50 PM Yesterday
Could have done without that cheap scores at the end...
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:04 PM Yesterday
Master class run defense
[Reply]
tredadda 08:17 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He's the GOAT. Canton-bound. Book it.
Has anyone ever made it in as a coordinator? If not then he will probably be the first.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:43 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Has anyone ever made it in as a coordinator? If not then he will probably be the first.

No one, apparently. According to Google (so take it for what that's worth) coordinators aren't even considered. I think they should make an exception. We need to start writing our congressmen.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:53 PM Yesterday
Actually, he could go in as a contributor. It's mostly owners and GM's. But a coordinator would also qualify. I don't know if he would get selected, but he would qualify under that category.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:12 PM Yesterday
I think that's crazy that coordinators can't be considered.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:39 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
I think that's crazy that coordinators can't be considered.
There may be some argument that the best coordinators ever wouldn’t be the best if the best head coaches ever stayed as coordinators.

I counter that with Devin Hester. He’s only the best return man ever because guys like Tyreek Hill are too valuable on offense.
[Reply]
Fishels 12:51 AM Today
Spags might deserve the Threepeat the most. Chiefs defense has been slowly built up from a joke to be the deciding force in lots of these games. Imagine last Superbowl if our defense was like 2018!

In Spags I trust
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:30 AM Today
Hate to say this.

Talking to someone today....Can we keep him or will he want to move to a HC position?

Or does he understand his place and what he is good at?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Hate to say this.

Talking to someone today....Can we keep him or will he want to move to a HC position?

Or does he understand his place and what he is good at?
We extended him for one i think.

Also, why doesn't he become HC after Andy leaves? Fuck Nagy, this guy is the leader among men.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:06 AM Today
If he was going to be a head coach again I think it would have already been done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No one, apparently. According to Google (so take it for what that's worth) coordinators aren't even considered. I think they should make an exception. We need to start writing our congressmen.
Dick LeBeau is in the HoF and was a solid CB for a long while in Detroit, but I don't think he makes the Hall solely off his time as a DB.

He's in because of his time as the DC in Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
Page 330 of 330
« First < 230280320326327328329330
Up