ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Eddie Murphy back in "Beverly Hills Cop 4"
Deberg_1990 09:49 AM 05-29-2008
Rocky and Rambo returned, John McClane and Indy came back as well. Looks like Axel Foley is finally coming back!!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Since we were all clamoring for a sequel after Beverly Hills Cop 3. :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:26 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That's what I figured.
Yeah but look who you're quoting.
[Reply]
Bump 04:30 PM 07-10-2024
I remember watching Beverly Hills cop, 1 or 2, can't remember with my dad. There was a scene when they entered the strip club where they had a really fat, 300 lb stripper on the stage. My dad goes "what in the hell, that's just disgusting turn this shit off" and I still laugh thinking about that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:47 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll wait until it streams. At this point I think I'm pretty much done with movie theaters.
Agreed, most movies I've wanted to see these last several years are exclusive to various streaming platforms

As for the op this new Murphy rebirth is getting a lot of positive buzz, I'd love to see him return to form
[Reply]
Fish 05:52 PM 07-10-2024
I thought it was decent. They rode the nostalgia wave for the most part. Which was fine with me. It was cool to see all the original characters back together. The plot was pretty meh. I caught myself having to really suspend belief as they allowed Foley to do hundreds of millions of dollars in random property damage and have everybody be like "Ohh, Axel you're such a crazy guy!"

Kevin Bacon plays a convincing douche these days..
[Reply]
hometeam 07:57 PM 07-10-2024
It wasnt as bad as super troopers 2 or joe dirt 2, but not as good as Spiderman 2.

Pretty meh and I really love 1, 2, and 3.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:53 AM 07-11-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll wait until it streams. At this point I think I'm pretty much done with movie theaters.
I watched it on Netflix last week. I was not aware it had been in theatres.
[Reply]
kc rush 04:31 PM 07-11-2024
Pretty meh. Had some fun moments.

Way better than the Coming to America sequel
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:04 AM 07-12-2024
It was a fun trip down memory lane. It did tend to lose focus and ramble on in places as well as being predictable.

It was better than Atlas... Setting the bar really low here.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:14 AM 07-13-2024

Nice bit of nostalgia
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:49 AM 07-13-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
I thought it was decent. They rode the nostalgia wave for the most part. Which was fine with me. It was cool to see all the original characters back together. The plot was pretty meh. I caught myself having to really suspend belief as they allowed Foley to do hundreds of millions of dollars in random property damage and have everybody be like "Ohh, Axel you're such a crazy guy!"

Kevin Bacon plays a convincing douche these days..
I agree with all of this. 7.5/10
[Reply]
Stryker 05:41 PM 07-13-2024
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F was very good in my opinion. I enjoyed it and loved the original cast reprising their roles. The BHC series are enjoyable movies that feature loveable characters and humor along with action. I, personally, enjoyed all of them. Make another? NO! Series complete.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:49 AM 07-16-2024
Just finished it. It was silly and predictable and basically stole shit from about a dozen other movies, but was a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for these nostalgia projects.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up