ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL hits two Chiefs players with fines
DenverChief 09:46 AM Today
I get the Watson fine but the Perine fine is kinda a head scratcher. IMHO an offensive player with the ball only lowers their head when they intend to go to the ground. They aren’t tackling anyone. Seems like there should be more leeway for an offensive player with the ball. They really don’t want to make contact, they want to score untouched. Just seems kinda ticky tacky.

Originally Posted by :
Two Kansas City Chiefs players - running back Samaje Perine and cornerback Jaylen Watson - have been fined for incidents that occurred during their Week 3 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons.

Perine received a $8,333 fine for lowering his head to initiate contact with his helmet. It took place late in the first quarter on an 8-yard reception by Perine and he was not flagged on the play.

As for Watson, he was fined $5,591 for an illegal horse-collar tackle on the Falcons' last drive of the game. Unlike Perine, Watson did receive a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty on the play. Despite that, the Chiefs' defense was able to hold Atlanta's offense out of the endzone and secure the 22-17 victory.

In Perine's case, the NFL is cracking down hard on plays in which helmet-to-helmet contact occurs. The officials don't always see it at game speed, but the league reviews every play throughout the week. Watson's penalty was pretty cut and dried and shouldn't come as a surprise that he was fined.

Kansas City is doing a good job as a whole with penalties so far this season, tied for the fifth-lowest in the NFL. However, two Chiefs players have been fined each week of the season, and the Chiefs organization itself has received a fine. Let's hope K.C. can get through its matchup against the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday without the NFL hitting any player's pocketbooks.
https://atozsports.com/nfl/kansas-ci...nes-in-week-3/
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:51 AM Today
Okay literally FUCK the NFL!!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Okay literally FUCK the NFL!!!
I am BOYCOTTING until 12 pm CST today.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:58 AM Today
They sure promote flag football a lot guess that is the direction of the NFL.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:59 AM Today
How long before the NFL requires the players to wear skirts?

I didn't agree with the horse collar call at the time as it looked like to me he got the jersey.

Bunch of horse shit.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by HemiEd:

I didn't agree with the horse collar call at the time as it looked like to me he got the jersey.

Bunch of horse shit.
They changed the rule a few years ago. Grabbing the name plate from behind is now a horse collar tackle as well as grabbing the shoulder pads inside the neckline from behind.
[Reply]
notorious 10:43 AM Today
Running backs can’t brace themselves for contact anymore I guess.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 11:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by :
However, two Chiefs players have been fined each week of the season
6 fines, 3 wins. Let's keep the winning formula going
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:05 AM Today
Think Pacheco got hit with this before. Is rb lowering the head a point of emphasis? Why?

And at what point does the nflpa step in because it seems the nfl is going apeshit throwing fines left and right
[Reply]
Arch Stanton 11:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by HemiEd:

Bunch of horse shit.
Grabbin jersey on name or above the name = penalty.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
They changed the rule a few years ago. Grabbing the name plate from behind is now a horse collar tackle as well as grabbing the shoulder pads inside the neckline from behind.
At least they can still grab hair.
[Reply]
scho63 11:16 AM Today
The NFL keeps finding ways to grow via fines, just like our government.

Getting ridiculous.

I would love to see a graph of the number of fines per year and total over the last 20 years.

Used to be rare, now many every week.
[Reply]
philfree 11:23 AM Today
There was a horse collar that went uncalled by the Falcons in that game. Did that guy get fined?
[Reply]
Superbowltrashcan 11:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
They sure promote flag football a lot guess that is the direction of the NFL.
Yellow Flag Football…
[Reply]
Up