staylor26 06:19 PM 07-07-2024

Building the perfect AFC West team using our unit rankings 👀

Do you agree? pic.twitter.com/Wwp9aqe64Y

— PFF (@PFF) July 7, 2024

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You mean the same guy that missed the first 6 games last year too?
Coming off suspension where he was physically ready to go vs rehabbing would be a bit different I'd imagine.

He tore his knee up in late January. I'd guess we don't see him til what....December ish?
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Chris Jones 10.5 sacks
George Karlaftis 10.5 sacks
Charles Omenihu 7 sacks (missed 6 games due to suspension)
Mike Danna 6.5 sacks

Without Omenihu's suspension, we probably have 3 guys with double digit sacks, and when your 4th best pass rusher is getting 6.5, that's damn good.

The DL was a lot better than you're giving them credit for, and that's why I brought up that it's the same group as last year.

Why would we stop blitzing guys like McDuffie, Bolton, Tranquil, and Chenel though? They're good at it too. Part of the reason Spags is so good is because of his ability to creatively bring pressure from every level of the defense.
With no Sneed now (Gay gone as well, that could end up being a bigger loss than we're all thinking) I'd like to protect some of the young secondary a bit if the front can be better.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:35 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
With no Sneed now (Gay gone as well, that could end up being a bigger loss than we're all thinking) I'd like to protect some of the young secondary a bit if the front can be better.
Nah, Chenal is already better than Gay.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:36 AM 07-08-2024
The Chiefs are kind of a big Dill.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:36 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That’s hilarious.

I wonder what Raiders other than Crosby graded to give them the nod over us..?
Originally Posted by NWTF:
Wilkins grades pretty high at DT Id guess.
John Jenkins is an under rated NT, and while he's mainly a run stuffer, his backup Adam Butler is quietly a 6 sack a year guy from the DT spot.

The other rush end, Malcolm Koonce, also flies under the radar a bit. He notched 8 sacks last year, most of which came in the last 10 games.

Over all, Raiders have one of the top 2 or 3 best DLs in the NFL.
[Reply]
O.city 11:37 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Nah, Chenal is already better than Gay.
Man.....I don't know.

I think Chenal is better at some things, but Gay just brought a high level of athleticism and speed.
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:39 AM 07-08-2024
We got shafted
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:39 AM 07-08-2024
Man.....I don't know.

I think Chenal is better at some things, but Gay just brought a high level of athleticism and speed.
I liked WG, but Chenal is about as athletic as a human being can be. He plays tough as nails too.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:46 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
John Jenkins is an under rated NT, and while he's mainly a run stuffer, his backup Adam Butler is quietly a 6 sack a year guy from the DT spot.

The other rush end, Malcolm Koonce, also flies under the radar a bit. He notched 8 sacks last year, most of which came in the last 10 games.

Over all, Raiders have one of the top 2 or 3 best DLs in the NFL.
In our embarrassment game last year, Koonce was killing us. Granted, he was facing off against our rookie backup LT, but our rookie backup LT had looked decent up to that point.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:48 AM 07-08-2024
Man.....I don't know.

I definitely liked Willie, but I think Chenal is going to fill his shoes and then some. I'm a big Chenal fan.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 AM 07-08-2024
Coming off suspension where he was physically ready to go vs rehabbing would be a bit different I'd imagine.

He tore his knee up in late January. I'd guess we don't see him til what....December ish?
Sure, but he's absolutely attacked his rehab, and it was just an ACL IIRC. Guys that have simple ACL tears are coming back faster and faster. It's a contract year too.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:50 AM 07-08-2024
This "young" secondary is full of guys with SB rings that have played in big fucking games already. Not the least bit concerned about them being young.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:40 PM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
It’s receiving corps. That includes one of the best TEs of all time which makes it an easy decision.
I wonder how big Patrick's smile would be if he was told "you now have Adams, Jacoby Meyers, Tre Tucker and the 2 best TEs out of college the last two years".
[Reply]
RunKC 02:11 PM 07-08-2024
You brought up it was the same group as last year, it had questions last year and there are some of the same ones this year we didn't really get answers to yet.

We got 18 sacks from the secondary and LB's last year, hopefully we don't need that to happen again if the DL progresses as hoped.
That’s who Spags is though. Spags blitzed Tranquill off the edge last year. He blitzed almost every LB and DB. Hell if he could he’d blitz Dave Merritt’s ass from the sideline.

That’s just how he is and how we operate. But yea I’d like to see the DL come on more while Omenihu is out. I think. FAU has potential but I really think Karlaftis gets 13-14 sacks this year. He’s really figured this game out and is only 23 years old.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:06 PM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
I liked WG, but Chenal is about as athletic as a human being can be. He plays tough as nails too.
Correct. Leo Chenal 9.9 RAS score. 4.5 40 yard dash. 4.24 shuttle. 41 inch vert.

Willie Gay had a 9.7 RAS score. 4.48 40 yard dash. 4.3 second shuttle. 39.5 vertical.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up