Page 5192 of 5192
« First < 4192469250925142518251885189519051915192
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
manchambo 03:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by brdempsey69:
TRANSLATED: Hi, my name is manchambo & I can't answer or refute any points made to me, but can only try and dodge them with non-relevant blather -- none of which changes the fact that my Donkeys SUCK and they have no legit SB victories to their credit.
Tapout acknowledged.

I don’t hold it against you.
[Reply]
manchambo 03:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm not the one that's "all over the place" on this topic...I dont have to be. Truth is immovable.

Your the one that's forced to bend into an illogical, rationalizing pretzel to defend impropriety...

Your excuses are on par with a toddler caught with a cookie in his hand...trying to explain that he didnt take said a cookie.
That’s cute.

Now explain how Bowlen refusing to go into pocket makes it LESS plausible that the Broncos had a cash flow issue.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 03:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Tapout acknowledged.

I don’t hold it against you.
LOL, the only tapout you have to acknowledge is that of your own.
[Reply]
manchambo 03:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by brdempsey69:
LOL, the only tapout you have to acknowledge is that of your own.
Everyone can see who actually stopped, long ago, responding with anything resembling rational argument
[Reply]
New World Order 03:51 PM Today
Everyone can see who actually stopped, long ago, responding with anything resembling rational argument
I’ve read both responses, and you were absolutely owned
[Reply]
manchambo 03:52 PM Today
Let’s get back to talking about the Broncos.

I’m trying to figure out why Mo Pix has three less interceptions and only one less TD than Mahomes.
[Reply]
manchambo 03:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I’ve read both responses, and you were absolutely owned
I was already aware you’re easily impressed with sound and fury, signifying nothing.
[Reply]
kcgreene 04:16 PM Today
Let’s try to figure out what you’re on about. The deal required the Broncos to contribute 25%, a total of around 100 million.

Is it your claim that it would be “fraudulent” for them to set aside money for that contribution? Let’s say they set aside fifteen million a year for the three years leading up to the bond initiative.

How would that be fraud?
Let me phrase it differently, I didn't word it appropriately as I was in a hurry and legitimately phrased some items poorly, and that is my fault. What I meant to say is that if how you present it is how it occurred, and it wasn't caught it would be fraud. That being said, after having a chance to sit down, and looking at the salary cap, circumvention for the sake of keeping cap numbers artifically low is obvious once I had a chance to look at cap numbers, so feel free to look at the cap information below the fraud explanation too

How the 'deferment' argument would actually be Fraud Explanation in Spoiler.

Spoiler!

Now lets talk about the good part, Cap analysis and how Bowlen was full of shit:

What doesn't make sense with the "stadium funding" story is not only were the Broncos punished in December of 2001 for $29M in deferred payments for services rendered from 96 to 98 to Elway and Davis, but also in September of 2004 there was more punishment for further circumvention of the Salary cap. (Not to mention an unnamed agent was fined as well regarding the situation in 2004, almost like an agent was committing to contracts that he knew were illegal in structure and subverted the salary cap)

If it was a simple 'deferment' like you suggest, it would have been a one and done punishment due to a simple "Oh shit, sorry, we didn't realize we couldn't do that" and not being punished twice because of further investigation finding further problems.

And the only person that claimed there was no competitive advantage was Bowlen in a statement. The NFL, the Management Council, and NFL VP of Labor Relations Harold Henderson avoided any questions regarding competitive advantage, probably because they were smart enough to realize that if they basically called 2 Super Bowls bullshit that the legitimacy of the sport comes into question, and thats a whole other can of worms.

Not to mention, in my opinion, some of the most damning evidence:
While Elway's cap charges in his super bowl season were just 2.1M and 2.6M. The only 'elite' QB that wasn't making at least double that was Steve Young (who the 49ers were later found to be in violation of the cap at that time, and his salary was 3.5M)

Let's look solely at Elway and Davis and that $29M (Confirmed numbers per NFL press release) in deferred payments from services rendered from 1996 to 1998.

Terrell Davis total cap hit 96-98: $3,614,695 (https://overthecap.com/player/terrell-davis/7733)
John Elway total cap hit 96-98: $8,831,446 (https://overthecap.com/player/john-elway/7777)

29M - (Davis Cap Hit) - (Elway Cap Hit) = $16,553,859... which is more than enough to almost pay both of those players their entire salary amounts AGAIN. And this is assuming that these numbers are best case scenario and assume all 3 years instead of just 2 years.. If its just 2 years that were circumvented, the numbers get ABSURD.

What this means is that they each were paid about double what they actually counted against the cap. That's not a simple deferment. That's actively subverting the cap.

All I have to say is there's a reason OverTheCap makes an average for superbowl winners and cap without Denver included in it's analysis.. and they explain it as such too.

https://overthecap.com/nfl-salary-ca...champions-part
[Reply]
New World Order 04:18 PM Today

I’m trying to figure out why Mo Pix has three less interceptions and only one less TD than Mahomes.
Why should kings discuss such peasants?
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:22 PM Today

You sound like a fucktard bills fan
[Reply]
Page 5192 of 5192
« First < 4192469250925142518251885189519051915192
Up