ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 116
« First < 1666106112113114115116
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Who is arguing that it wouldn't? I was happy with what we did in the offseason. But after unfortunate season ending injuries you need to make some moves.

Adapt or die.
Well that is the circular argument. If there is another team willing to give up a WR for a reasonable amount that fits within what appears to be a very narrow set of criteria for what KC wants. Great.

But yes, some seasons die because of injuries. Panic moves aren't a great way to have long term success.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:11 PM Today
I still can’t believe we lost Rashee Rice for the season because Patrick Mahomes threw a pick and then dove into his knees.

You simply cannot make that up and that more than makes up for all the good injury luck we’ve had during our run imo.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I still can’t believe we lost Rashee Rice for the season because Patrick Mahomes threw a pick and then dove into his knees.

You simply cannot make that up and that more than makes up for all the good injury luck we’ve had during our run imo.
It really bums me out.

To make matters worse - and I know fantasy football means absolutely nothing to anyone - but I had Rice this year as my 3rd WR and after week 1 he was being ranked as a top 5 WR. It was a home run pick. I'm salty still.
[Reply]
DenverChief 05:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I get the feeling the team is in wait-and-see mode regarding their in-house receivers (WR and TEs collectively). Maybe the Chiefs coaching staff, and in particular Reid likes what we have at RB and will lean on Hunt and Perine heavily until Pacheco comes back. Once he does, I think he keeps all three active and demotes Steele. We're going to out-Raven the Ravens and become a run first offense. With that strategy, JJSS, Worthy, Watson, Kelce and Gray are more than enough for the passing game.

TL/DR: barring another injury, I don't think Veach is signing a WR.
JJSS has durability issues - he won’t be able to take the amount of snaps he needs to to be our #2 over the long haul. Watson is at best a #4 and Hardman at best is a #3. Skyy should be sweeping the concourse after the game. Maybe Washington or Remigio can step up but we definitely need someone. Whether that’s MVS or a trade. Kelce who is older than JJSS I don’t think can take a heavy load thru the season and still be effective come playoffs.

My biggest guess is that Steele will be used as trade bait. With CEH, Perine and Hunt carrying the workload.
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
JJSS has durability issues - he won’t be able to take the amount of snaps he needs to to be our #2 over the long haul. Watson is at best a #4 and Hardman at best is a #3. Skyy should be sweeping the concourse after the game. Maybe Washington or Remigio can step up but we definitely need someone. Whether that’s MVS or a trade. Kelce who is older than JJSS I don’t think can take a heavy load thru the season and still be effective come playoffs.

My biggest guess is that Steele will be used as trade bait. With CEH, Perine and Hunt carrying the workload.
What would Steele even bring in a trade? Cam Akers just got traded for a 6th round swap, so I can't imagine it be anything better than that.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 116
« First < 1666106112113114115116
Up