ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 115
« First < 1565105111112113114115
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Right now we have a lot of chips in on Rashee and Worthy being great and the money being freed up when Jones and Kelce call it quits. Having the Goat at QB and willing to play cheap also covers a lot of holes.
I think Veach has been aiming for a balanced build between defense and offense.

But right now this is a defensive tilted team. We just have spent a lot of picks and hit on more defense recently.

I personally would go for an offensive build next around Mahomes where we have elite OL and 3 top weapons to score at will. That will allow us to not miss Chris Jones as much because the defense won't have to be as loaded.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

But right now this is a defensive tilted team. We just have spent a lot of picks and hit on more defense recently.

I personally would go for an offensive build next around Mahomes where we have elite OL and 3 top weapons to score at will. That will allow us to not miss Chris Jones as much because the defense won't have to be as loaded.
If Rice and Brown aren't injured, we're not having this conversation and we're likely smoking the NFL.

Shit happened. You roll with it.
[Reply]
Cheater5 03:55 PM Today
I get the feeling the team is in wait-and-see mode regarding their in-house receivers (WR and TEs collectively). Maybe the Chiefs coaching staff, and in particular Reid likes what we have at RB and will lean on Hunt and Perine heavily until Pacheco comes back. Once he does, I think he keeps all three active and demotes Steele. We're going to out-Raven the Ravens and become a run first offense. With that strategy, JJSS, Worthy, Watson, Kelce and Gray are more than enough for the passing game.

TL/DR: barring another injury, I don't think Veach is signing a WR.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Right now we have a lot of chips in on Rashee and Worthy being great and the money being freed up when Jones and Kelce call it quits. Having the Goat at QB and willing to play cheap also covers a lot of holes.
Agree. We are most likely going to hit a bump. It is a bump any team goes through when players age out and the team is good enough now to invest in players. We have proven we can quickly and effectively manage through them. But the best way out is when the time is right, shed your old layers and bring in a lot of new. A LOT of new. Until then, YOLO
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If Rice and Brown aren't injured, we're not having this conversation and we're likely smoking the NFL.

Shit happened. You roll with it.
I agree. I’m happy with our offseason. My only change is that when shit happens, you can also adapt
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:59 PM Today
We've got a minimum of two drafts and two free agency periods before we have to have '27 lined out.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:04 PM Today
We've got a minimum of two drafts and two free agency periods before we have to have '27 lined out.
Chris, I’m very concerned with our QB situation in 2039.

Our next QB is likely in 2nd grade right now. Haven’t heard of a pro ready second grader out there, who will be available at pick 32.

Very nervous.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:07 PM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Chris, I’m very concerned with our QB situation in 2039.

Our next QB is likely in 2nd grade right now. Haven’t heard of a pro ready second grader out there, who will be available at pick 32.

Very nervous.
#MeToo
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:11 PM Today
But no matter if we’re aggressive or passive we will reach that point and the best option is to stockpile picks, clean our cap and reset.

A big move or two today isn’t going to death spiral us where we can’t still do that. It is if you think we’re going to bandaid our way past that point. If we accept that 2027 is maybe not our best shot to win, then focus on today when we know we have a Super Bowl team. And when we get to 2027, focus on the next 5 years. Boom, bandaid ripped right off
[Reply]
RunKC 04:23 PM Today
I don't know why but our own fans can forget the NFL is won by STARS. We have the greatest star of all in Mahomes but he has had 2-3 HOF players with him in every SB victory.

Stars win Championship games.
And what do you propose? Those are HOF’s you aren’t replacing them.

However Rashee was performing like a top 10 WR before Mahomes killed his knee. Trent McDuffie is a star on defense.

You need to accept that we don’t have a top 10 draft pick to get the best players. It’s not easy
[Reply]
RunKC 04:25 PM Today

If Rashee Rice and Hollywood Brown don’t get injured the offense looks completely different. It sucks but our top 2 WR’s got hurt.

Any offense would be way worse in that scenario
[Reply]
Page 115 of 115
« First < 1565105111112113114115
Up