Page 5135 of 5135
« First < 4135463550355085512551315132513351345135
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:56 PM Today
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Wait! Cooked? Crap! That’s so discouraging. I thought this was for sure an impressive win. I mean, Rodgers hasn’t looked cooked. I’m not an expert/insider like you, but I was thinking he’s looked pretty good. A road game. Terrible weather. The Jets off a mini-bye. We didn’t get lucky by getting a bunch of turnovers. We weren’t playing their JV team - I don’t think they had any meaningful injuries. No publicized reports of a mass covid outbreak.

I’m sure grateful for you. I mean, I think my first impression is accurate. But until I get a chance to run it up the flagpole with you, I just can’t be sure. I think you probably just saved me a really embarrassing conversation at the water cooler tomorrow.
He lost to a reerunned Tebow dude
[Reply]
DomCasual 04:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I don't know how your quarterback throws for 60 yards, you don't have a 100 yard rusher, and you win. But it's not good football. This team is in no way a playoff team so these ugly wins do absolutely nothing except hurt your draft position. I like it.
After this weekend’s games, they are likely going to be the #1 ranked defense in the NFL. I think they have 13 sacks over the last two games. Seattle, their first loss, is undefeated, to date. Pittsburgh lost their first game today. Tampa Bay has three impressive wins - two blowouts, and a win on the road at what most consider the best team in the NFC. Oh, and a blowout loss, at home, to the Broncos. The Jets apparently suck now? Last week, the talk was Rodgers starting to look “elite” again, and the Jets being “legitimate Super Bowl contenders.”

Nix’s numbers were obviously far from impressive. But with :30 left in the first half, there were less total combined yards than in any game since 2001. It was a bad day for offense. And when it mattered, the offense moved the ball.

After 0-2, everyone had written them in for 0-4. You win two straight in places you historically lose, against two pretty decent teams, it’s impressive. This one wasn’t beautiful. But when you have had an eight-year run of losing, you don’t complain about progress.
[Reply]
Page 5135 of 5135
« First < 4135463550355085512551315132513351345135
Up