ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>What to do about Wanya Morris?
SHOWTIME 04:38 PM Yesterday
The guy is absolutely brutal

Veach needs to get Donovan Smith or Bakhtiari in here ASAP. Wanya is not sustainable for the rest of the season.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:24 AM Today
I'm going to have to disagree in regards to Morris not sinking game plans. He was getting absolutely worked by the secondary pass rushers as well. Tyree Wilson beat him almost immediately for a sack. Not to mention the holding that was inches away from being a safety.

Hell, the fact that raw as fuck Suamataia won the starting job over Morris out of camp despite his myriad of flaws in technique says all it needs to.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 08:29 AM Today
Yeah I mean there's two options. Throw Suamataia in and and hopefully get some growth or keep him in.

LT will be a problem for the rest of the season and that's just something we have to gameplan around.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:31 AM Today
The problem with both these kids is when they lose it's devastatingly fast. And that's why Mahomes is lucky if he can feel it and immediately bail out, otherwise he is going down.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But honestly, Donovan Smith has some of the same issues over there.
Thank your for mentioning this.

Maybe I’m crazy, but I’m pretty sure I remember Donovan Smith getting his ass whooped in the Super Bowl. Badly.

I don’t think a guy like him (who isn’t an athletic OT) is going to come in without a training camp and be any type of upgrade.

Seems like he’d come in out of shape and struggle as much (likely more).
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
Yeah I mean there's two options. Throw Suamataia in and and hopefully get some growth or keep him in.

LT will be a problem for the rest of the season and that's just something we have to gameplan around.
It will be. It was last year, although almost nonexistent in the playoffs.

What they have going for them is they're likely to play just two home games in really cold weather with a legit rush offense to boot. That's about as good a recipe as you can have to protect a left tackle in those games.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:36 AM Today
Huh? LT was absolutely a problem in the playoffs, especially once we started playing legit defenses and not the MASH units fielded by Miami and Buffalo. Couldn't score a single point in the second half against Baltimore and the only TD in regulation against San Francisco was off a muffed punt giving us incredible field position.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 08:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It will be. It was last year, although almost nonexistent in the playoffs.

What they have going for them is they're likely to play just two home games in really cold weather with a legit rush offense to boot. That's about as good a recipe as you can have to protect a left tackle in those games.
The only AFC teams that may give the Chiefs trouble with their pass rush is Houston with Will Anderson (and perhaps Pittsburgh with TJ Watt). Both are game wreckers. Buffalo can't rush the passer that well and Baltimore we've handled before.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I'm going to have to disagree in regards to Morris not sinking game plans. He was getting absolutely worked by the secondary pass rushers as well. Tyree Wilson beat him almost immediately for a sack. Not to mention the holding that was inches away from being a safety.

Hell, the fact that raw as **** Suamataia won the starting job over Morris out of camp despite his myriad of flaws in technique says all it needs to.
I think the staff made a mistake there. Kingsley looked way better in camp bc his athleticism was noticeably better. We could run screens way more effectively with him and I think the staff pretty much handed him that role.

Kingsley needs an offseason where he does nothing but work on technique. No draft prep shit most of the offseason like this year. Just focus on becoming a better tackle on the field.

If Kingsley can work himself to Wanya’s current level of play next year as a playable tackle that is steady okay of the time it’s a win for a 2nd year player.

And tbh I think that would really help Wanya. I am so confident that G is the place for Wanya to succeed bc he’s losing on speed rushes on the edge which won’t happen inside.

I don’t think we would see a big drop off at all if Wanya replaced Trey Smith at RG next season
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up