ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>This seems to explain Mahomes happy feet
RunKC 12:59 PM Today
OL got absolutely wrecked the first 3 drives. Patrick probably felt like he had to get rid for he ball quickly or scramble the rest of the game bc of the early OL play.

1st play: Wants to take a deep shot to start the game, gears up, about to unleash, and has an OL in his lap and can't follow through. Has to pull the ball down and dump it off. pic.twitter.com/DwqvMh4h3Q

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) October 1, 2024

3rd play: Can't step into the throw because and OL is being pushed into his follow through area and has to throw it flat footed to Kelce. Incredible throw. Catching a theme here yet? pic.twitter.com/QWTmg46LKD

5th play: Immediate read not open, left side of the OL starts getting collapsed into him, finds his RB on the check down but the ball gets tipped by a DL. pic.twitter.com/fg66gFFFnk

7th play: Nice pocket, ball out on time, hits the WR in the hands on 3rd down for a dropped pass. pic.twitter.com/9vUVTY8zbV

9th play: Stunts going on but a cleaner pocket than it seems from the back view. Doesn't matter, ball out and ripped to the WR for a completion. pic.twitter.com/nNZFaP4YB5

11th play: Defense wins the rep, gets a free rusher for a quick sack. pic.twitter.com/3pwQeLXykT

13th play: Hits the top of his drop, already has to slide left, hits the TE down the middle while another DL gets hands on him after the throw. pic.twitter.com/IHsNKMZRCP

15th play: Clean pocket, drifts slightly left towards his throw and completes the pass. pic.twitter.com/8UodoeN8k4

17th play: FIRST time all game he's gotten "happy feet" or bailed from a clean pocket. Feels the stunts and games and makes a run for it. Should've stayed in the pocket. pic.twitter.com/mGinhozWgH

Ok, so do we understand now? Every clean pocket except for the INT was a nice play and completed pass. He had people in his face from the get go, and the pocket was continually getting collapsed into him. Despite that he still completed a lot of those passes early on.

By my eye the OL has not allowed Pat to feel clean pockets with regularity most of the year. It started late in the 2nd quarter of the Baltimore game and has mostly continued through this game. For whatever reason the protection hasn't been quite as good.

That will need to change, and quick, because of the injuries to the WR position and changes there. But I wanted to do this to show that what we do up front is usually the biggest difference in every game, regardless of who's throwing and who's catching. It's still an OL league.

[Reply]
DRM08 03:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by -King-:
Nagy has been the biggest change in our offense since 2022. It cannot be a coincidence that we have the best offense in the league in 2022 and suddenly when he takes over we immediately become average at best and players look undisciplined and fundamentally unsound as ever. What else could it be? Was Juju the most integral WR ever that losing him turned the offense from all time great to mediocre? Doubt it.

It has to be a game planning issue and players not being held accountable for the mistakes which leads them to making more.
I think it's the constant change at Left Tackle. Year 1 of Orlando Brown was kind of rough, but Year 2 in 2022 was very good. But then you lose Orlando and replace him with a washed up version of Donovan Smith for just one year. And now you replace Donovan with two rookie kind of guys.

Maybe next year will look better if they can have stability with Wanya or Kingsley in the LT spot, although I am hoping we will see progress in the later part of this season. That's kind of what happened with Orlando & Donovan in the later part of 2021 and 2023.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t understand why Andy is not calling the quick hitting plays in the intermediate level of the field? Use 12 personnel. Get Worthy involved.

Good grief
He's probably sandbagging that shit.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Nobody is perfect of course. Even the best OL that ever played will occasionally lose some reps. Same thing with every position on the field honestly.
IMOP ours is fairly overrated though. They sure get their shit pushed in pretty damn often for how good they're supposed to be.
[Reply]
-King- 03:37 PM Today
I think it's the constant change at Left Tackle. Year 1 of Orlando Brown was kind of rough, but Year 2 in 2022 was very good. But then you lose Orlando and replace him with a washed up version of Donovan Smith for just one year. And now you replace Donovan with two rookie kind of guys.

Maybe next year will look better if they can have stability with Wanya or Kingsley in the LT spot, although I am hoping we will see progress in the later part of this season. That's kind of what happened with Orlando & Donovan in the later part of 2021 and 2023.
We had years with Wylie at tackle and and a bunch of games of Cameron Erving starting for us. The offense never looked this bad overall.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:46 PM Today
We had years with Wylie at tackle and and a bunch of games of Cameron Erving starting for us. The offense never looked this bad overall.
Guess we'll see how it goes. Not like any of us have a choice, haha.

I think long term they should be trying to go for an injection of different ideas. If Nagy is Andy Reid's replacement, you just get a worse version of Andy's offense. Some of the other teams around the league seem to have better schemes from what I can tell. Detroit, Houston, San Fran, etc.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:47 PM Today

Maybe the answer is reallocating how they are investing in the left side of the line… spend big on a legit LT, at the expense of Thuney.
[Reply]
seamonster 03:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
I have yet to hear a Nagy Apologist adequately explain the drop off from 2022 to the past two years.

It’s almost all the same personnel, minus OBJ and Wylie at the tackle positions.
Washington and UCLA both regressed when EB was installed as an offensive coordinator. I can't see the issue being Nagy. He's probably an upgrade.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by seamonster:
I can't see the issue being Nagy. He's probably an upgrade.
The Chiefs statistics on offense from 2022 compared to 2023 and this year disagree.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:51 PM Today
Maybe the answer is reallocating how they are investing in the left side of the line… spend big on a legit LT, at the expense of Thuney.
They tried with Trent Williams. Aside from Trent there really hasn’t been a good LT in the market unless you consider Orlando Brown Jr (yikes)
[Reply]
RunKC 03:52 PM Today
The Chiefs statistics on offense from 2022 compared to 2023 and this year disagree.
The Chiefs struggled with prime Tyreek and Kelce in 2021.

Mahomes had the 2nd best season of his career and won MVP when Nagy came back in 2022.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:08 PM Today

Mahomes had the 2nd best season of his career and won MVP when Nagy came back in 2022.
We have been very very fast, and we have been very very efficient. We have not been both at the same time. That feels like what we really wanted to do when we signed juju then tried to extend tyreek. And what we did this year by adding Hollywood and worthy to complement rice and kelce.

Just as it took mahomes time to adjust into an efficient offense, it’s clearly taking time for him to adjust back into taking shots again.

I don’t think we struggled in the cincy playoff game because of tyreek. I think it’s because we relied way too much on speed. Mahomes and tyreek did it begrudgingly and we lacked the reliable power slot option we’ve had ever since. Running the ball much better today than yesterday also helps a ton
[Reply]
-King- 04:32 PM Today

For context, in that year they struggled, they scored 28 points per game and only scored 16 less points than the 2022 team.

FAR FAR FAR FAR cry from the struggle today.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:37 PM Today
For context, in that year they struggled, they scored 28 points per game and only scored 16 less points than the 2022 team.

FAR FAR FAR FAR cry from the struggle today.
Let me repeat this for you since you apparently didn’t catch it:

In 2021 we had prime Tyreek and prime Kelce

2 HOF’s in their prime tends to make a bit of a difference
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:40 PM Today
Seems like Thuney might be slipping.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up