ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 45
« First < 354142434445
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:11 AM Today
If Kingsley can grow to be Eric Fisher, we did well with this pick.

Fisher got absolutely annihilated by Trey in New Orleans. That was after Fisher had already established himself as a decent starter.

If anyone believes that Fisher never had games like this, they’re lying to themselves.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:13 AM Today
Suamataia got a rough "welcome to the league, rookie" lesson yesterday.

Physically, he doesn't look overmatched or incapable. It's technique and experience.

Still a lot to work with there.

I think they need to go to more 13 sets and attach a TE to the LT's side in those sets more often. Get a little more out of that.

Or, if Smith-Schuster is going to be out there a lot, have him do some dirty work on the RE with crackbacks and etc.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:26 AM Today
Hendrickson had 20 sacks last year. He had a bad day. But it’s not time to panic yet.

Andy Heck is one of the best in the biz. And the fact that he was slotted in with barely any competition while Wanya was at least competent last year is enough for me
[Reply]
tredadda 08:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
He was a 2nd round pick. LT's that are drop in day 1 starters with no rough edges don't go in the 2nd round.

This was always gonna take some time. Just gotta keep moving forward.
Only positions that get drafted higher are QBs and pass rushers and even then they don’t always go before an elite LT.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
This notion Hendrickson isn’t good is absurd. He’s one of the best out there. Kingsley needs to be better no doubt but Hendrickson is a stud
I know he's good, he's really good but he almost won the game yesterday by himself. He doesn't look like that every week. Our LT was massively bad.
[Reply]
-King- 08:31 AM Today
Unless it becomes a repeated occurrence, I'm not extremely worried about him. He can't have another game like this but it's to be expected to have bad games as a rookie against all pros.

I just didn't understand why we didn't chip more. McKinnon used to chip all the time. Pacheco couldn't? They even showed a replay yesterday where he somehow missed chipping Hendrickson. Perine is a great blocking RB, I don't get why he wasn't used to help more yesterday.

But yeah unless he's that bad again next week, I'd hold off on doing anything about the position.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM Today
Chiefs don't chip and help tackles alot. They want everyone in the pattern.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:39 AM Today
In 5 games against the Chiefs, Trey Hendrickson has:

5 sacks
14 QB Hits

From what I can tell, OBJ was the only LT Mahomes has had that didn’t allow a sack to him, but still allowed several QB Hits.

Seems like he just has our number for whatever reason.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Chiefs don't chip and help tackles alot. They want everyone in the pattern.
Yeah - but at a point you play the cards you're dealt.

I think they'll work on help assignments this week. It's hard to just swap that in-game. Hell, Kingsley got help on a play or two and still duffed it because he didn't seem to know how to play with that help (wasn't using the right leverage with a chip).

I think him getting beat THAT badly caught them flat-footed. They'll be more prepared for it going forward. And they'll have to start giving him a little more help against premier rushers.

I mean Crosby is essentially Hendrickson but better. They'll need to have something else in mind for that game. Probably the Chargers game. Maybe the Bills (though I think he can handle Von Miller a bit).

They're just gonna have to dedicate some reps to it.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - but at a point you play the cards you're dealt.

I think they'll work on help assignments this week. It's hard to just swap that in-game. Hell, Kingsley got help on a play or two and still duffed it because he didn't seem to know how to play with that help (wasn't using the right leverage with a chip).

I think him getting beat THAT badly caught them flat-footed. They'll be more prepared for it going forward. And they'll have to start giving him a little more help against premier rushers.

I mean Crosby is essentially Hendrickson but better. They'll need to have something else in mind for that game. Probably the Chargers game. Maybe the Bills (though I think he can handle Von Miller a bit).

They're just gonna have to dedicate some reps to it.
That’s how I see it. Baltimore has talent on the DLine, but no pass rusher lining up across from him of the caliber of Trey. Because of that he looked decent (in their eyes) week 1. Yesterday he looked rough against an elite pass rusher. They now have a good gauge on where he is at from a developmental perspective and will adjust accordingly, especially when he’s facing a Bosa/Mack, Crosby, Watt, or Garrett
[Reply]
tyton75 09:22 AM Today
Kingsley definitely looked sloppy in his technique, esp later in the game when you would expect that he got tired. I think he'll be fine but he's going to take some lumps while learning.

Was still very surprised that they never seemed to provide him with any help. When he started having issues, they never even lined up a TE on his side. Seemed like they had a very different game plan than I have seen in a long time anyway so maybe that was part of it?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Would love for Schwartz to come and mentor him 1 on 1. It seems like there is a ton he could teach Kingsley.
It sounds to my amateur view that this technique could be taught by anyone since it seems a basic techniques that every Tackle in the NFL knows that you use to block.

If he was a finished product of a LT coming out of college he'd been a top 10 pick.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:45 AM Today
I haven't read all the comments, but does anyone else feel like Nagy and Reid kinda did Kingsley dirty?

I mean, not dirty, but they kinda screwed him over. Why in TF did we refuse to help him? Even when we lined up someone over there, Pacheco a couple of times, they didn't chip at all.

It was very obvious, very early, that Kingsley couldn't block Hendrickson. Eventually it looked like Kingsley had no confidence and was beat before the snap.

I hope they learn from this, because we will be facing some great edge rushers this season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That’s how I see it. Baltimore has talent on the DLine, but no pass rusher lining up across from him of the caliber of Trey. Because of that he looked decent (in their eyes) week 1. Yesterday he looked rough against an elite pass rusher. They now have a good gauge on where he is at from a developmental perspective and will adjust accordingly, especially when he’s facing a Bosa/Mack, Crosby, Watt, or Garrett
Oh lord.

Do we play Cleveland this year?

Oof. Yeah, gonna need a play for Garrett because that's gonna be terrifying.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh lord.

Do we play Cleveland this year?

Oof. Yeah, gonna need a play for Garrett because that's gonna be terrifying.
High-low him on the first play. Take him out.

Take the penalty and proceed with the game.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 45
« First < 354142434445
Up