ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Kicking is Easy - What If....
ChiefsFanatic 04:12 AM Today
So, as usual, I am high AF. I was watching a video where Pat McAfee was talking about the goal posts being narrowed, and I had a thought about how kicking could be made exciting, and lead to a lot of different strategies, etc.

So, leave the goal posts as wide as they currently are, but add two cross bars at equal distances, creating 3 clear sections within the goal posts.

For Extra Point Attempts:

The bottom section is worth 3 points.

The middle section is worth 2 points.

The top section is worth 1 point.

You have to declare if you are going for 1, or attempting the 2/3 point kick. If you choose to attempt the 2 or 3 point kick, the kick is from the 18 yard line. If you are only going for one, then it's from the 35.

For field goals you get whatever points from the section the ball went through. So, longer kicks have a better chance of being worth 2 or 3 points, and easy field goals would go thru high and would usually be 1 point. There is no need to declare anything.

I feel like it would lead to a lot of exciting finishes, or interesting scoring strategies when trying to come back, etc. and could be a fun wild card.

Or, it's the dumbest thing ever. I don't know. What do you think?
[Reply]
scho63 04:35 AM Today
What do I think?

I think we are having a LOT of off-season threads being started during the season. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:18 AM Today
Holeee shit drugs are bad .mmmmk
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:23 AM Today
You high on weed or crack bud?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:31 AM Today
Bills fans chiming in that any kick wide right should be worth 5 points.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:32 AM Today

via GIFER

[Reply]
Kman34 05:47 AM Today
Let’s just do away with kickers and go for it every time.. That will add excitement… Fuck kickers..
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:48 AM Today
Kicking is easy but I’m HARD rn!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:49 AM Today
It gives us a huge advantage

Tucker is declining and Bass is erratic at best
[Reply]
Hayneplane 06:00 AM Today
Should be same as rugby and kick is taken in line with where you crossed the line for the touchdown.
[Reply]
farmerchief 07:23 AM Today
When I clicked on this, I thought maybe we should switch Moore to kicker, so he could earn his salary?
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by scho63:
What do I think?

I think we are having a LOT of off-season threads being started during the season. :-)
Besides the legalization of marijuana, I'm guessing it's a product of winning Super Bowls... if the team can look as shitty as they did so late in the season last year and still win a SB, what is there left to talk about until January?

Hell, they have a better group of players on IR than most teams have on the field and still have a 2 game lead in the conference... maybe the NFL needs to get high AF and make some rule changes. :-)
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:59 AM Today
A friend with weed is a friend indeed.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:00 AM Today
Providing jobs for welders to put up the additional cross-bars.
ChiefsFanatic for secretary of labor!
[Reply]
Up