ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 136
« First < 3686126132133134135136
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
tk13 07:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Keeping Moore was a Reid thing, not a Veach one. Glad that you rarely post. This is the only undefeated team in the league who has won 3 of the last 5 SBs on the backs of players he either scouted or drafted. Veach isn’t perfect, but if he’s as bad as you are trying to make it they would not be where they are.
It's 1000% Reid. It's not going to change. Pickens is a sideline deep ball contested-catch type WR. They were never ever going to draft a guy like that. The idea that they'd ever take him is a total fantasy.

Pickens himself came out last year during a slump and said he can't produce running short routes. Hard to imagine any WR who thinks that working out in a Reid offense.
[Reply]
Mahomes007 07:28 PM Today
I was also taken aback when he overpaid $10 mil a season for MVS, who had displayed stone hands during his Green Bay tenure. I mean all the footage for seasons was there to see, playing with ARod but still... I get they needed a field stretcher in Tyreek's absence, but...
[Reply]
Basileus777 07:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by tk13:
It's 1000% Reid. It's not going to change. Pickens is a sideline deep ball contested-catch type WR. They were never ever going to draft a guy like that. The idea that they'd ever take him is a total fantasy.

Pickens himself came out last year during a slump and said he can't produce running short routes. Hard to imagine any WR who thinks that working out in a Reid offense.
Reid doesn't want to run a bunch of sideline fades, Pickens was probably not even considered for this team.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mahomes007:
I recognize that and it is a golden era we do not take for granted. Just feel Veach is overrated in some ways.
He’s not overrated though. The results speak for themselves. He’s not perfect and no one is saying that he is. He had the guts to trade Tyreek when no one else would have done that. He used those picks to build a juggernaut.

Now he probably didn’t expect to lose Hollywood on the first play of the preseason, nor lose Rice on a freak injury, Pacheco on to injury, and then Juju.

Give him time to see if he can bring someone in. Understand that teams don’t like dealing with him and helping KC. Pittsburgh would not trade Dionte Johnson to KC, the Raiders wouldn’t trade Adams to KC, and Buffalo told Diggs they would trade him to anyone but KC. Now who knows if Cleveland was willing to trade Cooper to KC.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:33 PM Today
If today taught me anything, its that we do NOT have to get all desperate and sell the farm for some overrated and late to the game bozo WR

Mahomes has proven he can make lesser receiving talent work over and over again... Veach is never going to reach for some old ass name, and I love it

Bet on what you've already built, and keep promoting from within
[Reply]
Basileus777 07:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If today taught me anything, its that we do NOT have to get all desperate and sell the farm for some overrated and late to the game bozo WR

Mahomes has proven he can make lesser receiving talent work over and over again... Veach is never going to reach for some old ass name, and I love it

A mid-round pick so that they are not giving snaps to Skyy Moore in a year where the rest of the team is good enough to three-peat is not selling the farm.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:39 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mahomes007:
I was also taken aback when he overpaid $10 mil a season for MVS, who had displayed stone hands during his Green Bay tenure. I mean all the footage for seasons was there to see, playing with ARod but still... I get they needed a field stretcher in Tyreek's absence, but...
You do realize Hill was traded late in the offseason? Who else was out there as a viable deep threat at that point? Or any other threat?

And if you’re going to say, “They should’ve traded him earlier then,” you’re not understanding the timeline of the Adams trade and extension and how that impacted things.
[Reply]
Mahomes007 07:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Today was against a depleted Niners team missing their top 3 WR's too. Just like Eric Fisher's injury in the AFCCG was the final straw that broke the camel's back in the Super Bowl, I worry the injuries this year will result in a similar outcomes against playoff or super bowl calibre teams.

When we go up against talented teams, who have improved their skill positions like Buffalo or Jets with Cooper and Adams respectively, who've added to all their talent.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 136
« First < 3686126132133134135136
Up