ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Sounds like Wanya Morris is our LT going forward
wazu 11:12 AM Yesterday

#Chiefs HC Andy Reid on Wanya Morris' starting debut for the season:

"I thought Wanya did some good things in there. We'll probably stick with that same thing."

Looks like the second-year man will start again on Sunday against LAC.

— Jordan Foote (@footenoted) September 23, 2024

[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:43 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Definitely too early too say. We won't know how much Wanya has improved until we've seen him against somebody like Crosby again.
Well, Koonce was the guy who abused him and he's out for the season.

Definitely nice we'll probably only have to deal with Mack and Crosby when we face those teams.

I think they don't truly believe in either of those guys and they're just trying to see which is better. Kingsley was the presumptive starter from the beginning of training camp without much question, so the idea that they're also really high on Morris seems a stretch.

It's fine. These are young guys. We just need them at Donovan Smith-ish level from last year and the experiment is wholly worth it. We're not playing the short game here.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:42 AM Today
I've always wondered why the NFL doesn't play OL more like hockey and rotate guys to keep'em fresh, we do it on the DL.
[Reply]
TEX 07:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'm confident one of them will turn out to be a quality LT.

My question is can the other play OG if we can't keep our current guys?
Wanya could probably make the transition to OG better than Kingsley.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
Wanya could probably make the transition to OG better than Kingsley.
He’d be an excellent RG IMO. But if he countinues looking good at LT as the year progresses then that’s a win.

I don’t care if it’s Kingsley or Wanya. I just want that position fixed with a competent player
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Well, Koonce was the guy who abused him and he's out for the season.

Definitely nice we'll probably only have to deal with Mack and Crosby when we face those teams.

I think they don't truly believe in either of those guys and they're just trying to see which is better. Kingsley was the presumptive starter from the beginning of training camp without much question, so the idea that they're also really high on Morris seems a stretch.

It's fine. These are young guys. We just need them at Donovan Smith-ish level from last year and the experiment is wholly worth it. We're not playing the short game here.
Spot on with everything.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I've always wondered why the NFL doesn't play OL more like hockey and rotate guys to keep'em fresh, we do it on the DL.
I assume it's because the OL requires a lot more coordination within the unit than other positions, so it's better to keep the same five out there all the time. On the other hand, I don't particularly notice more missed blitz pickups or other teamwork issues whenever we've had to bring in backups, so maybe the coordination issue is overrated. Since time immemorial, the offensive line has played every snap as a unit, so there must be a good reason for it.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 08:14 AM Today
When Kingsley got chip help, he didn't play to it & gave up a sack to the other side. With an extra year of experience, Wanya may play better with others.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:18 AM Today
I'm rooting for meritocracy in this situation. Both are young guys who were drafted on Day 2, so both have upside. The best player should start, whoever the offense deems that to be.
[Reply]
wazu 02:21 PM Today
Mitchell's breakdown of the Atlanta game. Bottom line is he is happy with how Morris is playing.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up