ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Davante Adams on the Trade Block
SHOWTIME 10:48 AM 10-01-2024
My best guess he'll end up in Washington

����������������: The #Raiders have begun reaching out to teams to gauge interest in star WR Davante Adams, per @VinnyBonsignore pic.twitter.com/WLAVIX38vz

— JPAFootball (@jasrifootball) October 1, 2024

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
He's part of the media now. It puts the Chiefs at a information disadvantage if he divulges our plans regarding the situation.

Regardless of McCoy's relationship with Veach and Reid, Veach isn't going to compromise the team's position to give anyone a scoop while the season is ongoing.

Personally, I don't think we'll make a move, but there's absolutely no way this conversation ever happened.
You don't have to believe him. But what did Veach allegedly say that was groundbreaking? Saying he's not trading for someone is nothing.
[Reply]
O.city 01:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Off to the Jets or Saints for a 2nd, 5th, and 6th.

Rumors but looks like a fair trade.
Unless the Raiders decide to eat some of the money, zero chance.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:17 PM Today
FWIW, Athletic Writer covering the Raiders.

Teams out on Davante: Chiefs, Cowboys, Ravens and Commanders.

Teams still in: Jets, Saints, Steelers and Bills. https://t.co/LiJX541Owb

— Tashan Reed (@tashanreed) October 9, 2024

[Reply]
Hayneplane 01:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
He's part of the media now. It puts the Chiefs at a information disadvantage if he divulges our plans regarding the situation.

Regardless of McCoy's relationship with Veach and Reid, Veach isn't going to compromise the team's position to give anyone a scoop while the season is ongoing.

Personally, I don't think we'll make a move, but there's absolutely no way this conversation ever happened.
Could be that Veach is happy for that line to be put there to give a bit of leverage as it makes teams think we are less desperate to make a trade so may be able to get better value if they think we might walk away from a deal.
[Reply]
In58men 01:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:

I follow him and he’s legit
[Reply]
Eureka 01:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Unless the Raiders decide to eat some of the money, zero chance.
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:

Seems a few teams are interested in Adams. Bidding war might drive up the price and the Raiders have stated negotiations start at no less then a 2nd rd pick.
[Reply]
kcgreene 01:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
You don't have to believe him. But what did Veach allegedly say that was groundbreaking? Saying he's not trading for someone is nothing.
I remember an episode of Speak when Shady was on there talking about how he talked with Veach on something, someone asked him about it for more detail, and he kind of froze about it and next was essentially saying the convo didn't really happen and laughed it off, was more him just texting Veach and not getting a reply... Shady is purely there for entertainment, and shouldn't be believed on anything in terms of him actually claiming something factual... regardless of that:

Its not a matter of groundbreaking, its a matter of divulging potential plans.

Why do you think that teams are typically so tight-lipped about what they say?

There's a reason 'coachspeak' is a term and executives use non-definitive statements like "We'll keep looking at all of our options." Because those statments and coachspeak are non-committal and keep information close to the chest. Being the only ones with access to information provides you with knowledge that nobody else has, which in itself is an advantage over everyone else.

It's the same reason that some teams will avoid bringing in draftees that they are really high on for Top 30 visits, because they want to keep their hand close and divulge nothing that can remotely be disadvantageous to the team.

Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
Could be that Veach is happy for that line to be put there to give a bit of leverage as it makes teams think we are less desperate to make a trade so may be able to get better value if they think we might walk away from a deal.
This is actually possible, which still means don't believe Shady because were pursuing the other way and using him as a pawn. But I still doubt the convo happened with Shady based on the above.
[Reply]
srvy 02:05 PM Today
This we be just like the Hopkins fiasco that didn't happen just as this won't happen.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:07 PM Today
Buffalo has flip-flopped on their strategy if they now want Adams. Here is a quote from their GM in an article posted on ESPN this week:

"Now that Josh Allen has ascended to the player he is, is having an expensive No. 1 receiver a requirement?" Beane said in April. "I don't think so."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...chiefs-vikings
[Reply]
Hoover 02:10 PM Today
I find it weird that this guy is so obsessed with playing with Carr.

He will be a Bill after they lose to the Jets
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I find it weird that this guy is so obsessed with playing with Carr.

He will be a Bill after they lose to the Jets
They played together in College
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up