ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM Today
Didn't see a thread and I'm pretty sure we some fellow members right in it's bullseye. This could be devastating.

Hurricane Milton grows 'explosively' stronger with 180-mph winds: Live updates

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...a/75552024007/

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Nah.
Not disputing that financial isn't a reason though. Folks overestimate their abilities and underestimate the disasters at the doorstep. Folks are stubborn, don't want the hassle, wish to protect their property and prefer to try to ride it out.
Very true. Have a friend riding it out. Very smart, very liberal, and makes more than I do. They just don't want to leave and think they are properly prepared. They just respond this isn't their first rodeo.

I guess it's a little like Kansas and tornadoes. One was coming down my road and I am out there taking pictures. You kind of getting use to them and can very easily underestimate their power.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:16 PM Today
Milton has been upgraded back to a cat 5. Sustained winds of 165 MPH is fucking bananas. 165 mph is the very top of an EF3 and only 1 mph off an EF4. Thats crazy to me.
[Reply]
wazu 03:19 PM Today
Just saw that the mayor of Tampa has declared that anybody who stays is going to die.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Very true. Have a friend riding it out. Very smart, very liberal, and makes more than I do. They just don't want to leave and think they are properly prepared. They just respond this isn't their first rodeo.

I guess it's a little like Kansas and tornadoes. One was coming down my road and I am out there taking pictures. You kind of getting use to them and can very easily underestimate their power.
Tornados are easier to avoid and you rarely get one that is over a mile wide. They don't do near the destruction that a hurricane of this magnitude will do. Tornados don't cause every house in town to be under water. Anyone trying to ride this out is an idiot and will be lucky to not end up waiting on a helicopter to pull you off your roof.
[Reply]
wazu 03:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Tornados are easier to avoid and you rarely get one that is over a mile wide. They don't do near the destruction that a hurricane of this magnitude will do. Tornados don't cause every house in town to be under water. Anyone trying to ride this out is an idiot and will be lucky to not end up waiting on a helicopter to pull you off your roof.
They also don't give you time to evacuate. If the weather forecast told me with certainty that in three days my house is going to be hit by an F4 tornado I'd be somewhere else that day.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up