ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>If you could replace one state completely with water, which state would be best?
Rain Man 03:37 PM 11-11-2004
Assume that the state becomes a very large lake, bay, inlet, or other body of water - fresh water if it's inland, salt water if it's coastal.

I'd have to go with Nevada. If the state was too far north, it would create a lot of snow and ice and stuff, which might not be good. Nevada would create a lot of humidity and extra farmland in Arizona, Utah, and eastern California, which would greatly increase American productivity and prosperity.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:49 AM 07-08-2024
I'd go with Nevada.

Not only would it add moisture to the snow melt cycle the SW depends on, but we could occasionally just open the dam and wash the worst of California out to sea and let them start over.
[Reply]
srvy 10:50 AM 07-08-2024
Nevada will be tough to cover with water it has the most mountain ranges of any state in the US.

Not a good idea to piss off the Aliens plus where else do we hide our National secrets?

How else will we keep the coffers of Ft Knox full of gold and silver?

My pick is Hawaii the only thing that keeps it above water is volcanic activity. I can live without pineapple Louisiana can handle the sugar cane. Its really only there to give Japan ideas!
[Reply]
srvy 10:52 AM 07-08-2024
Utah is out! This country loves its salt shaker.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:54 AM 07-08-2024
How about all of New England?

At one point, England combined all the New England colonies into one entity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_of_New_England

There is my loophole.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:59 AM 07-08-2024
Well, KS would make for an interesting lake in the middle of the country.

Just sayin.
[Reply]
srvy 11:14 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
How about all of New England?

At one point, England combined all the New England colonies into one entity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_of_New_England

There is my loophole.
Do it!
[Reply]
srvy 11:25 AM 07-08-2024
Since here in the US we have a case of the ass for coal. Pennsylvania or West Virginia can go, flip a coin!

Texas and Oklahoma beef and oil gots to have it. Cant get enough you're safe.
[Reply]
srvy 11:33 AM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Well, KS would make for an interesting lake in the middle of the country.

Just sayin.
Have you not seen the signs about 1 Kansas wheat farmer? They feed much of the world from a great inland desert. That takes skills. Leave Kansas alone we need a cover for all that Texas Oklahoma and Missouri beef.
[Reply]
Balto 12:04 PM 07-08-2024
Lake Superior is the largest fresh water lake in the world with a surface area of almost 32K miles! IF we turn Nevada into a fresh water lake it would have a surface area of about 111k miles! Over 3 times the size of lake superior.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up