ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 29
« First < 192526272829
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM Yesterday
Discuss...
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Johnson is a FA after this year IIRC.

Why wouldn't you move a guy you aren't bringing back or one who's gonna hit FA?
He is.

Like I said, they may not do it, but they'd be foolish to not even consider it.

$7M in cap savings, more snaps for Legette and Mingo and draft capital.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:24 AM Today
If I'm Veach/Reid, I'm looking for a high-floor starter to replace some of Rice's production.

I don't see this potential move as fun way to kick the tires on a high-ceiling/low-floor guy that hasn't worked out, which is Veach's typical move.

This scenario calls for immediate production in a year where we can go for a three-peat. With that being the case, combined with it being a poor draft year AND us having an extra pick, this might be a rare scenario where Veach flops his dick on the table with a big swing.

I'm not sure how the cap works if we go for an top-tier / high-contract guy.

List of WR Contracts: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contract.../wr/sort/value
[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:
If I'm Veach/Reid, I'm looking for a high-floor starter to replace some of Rice's production.

I don't see this potential move as fun way to kick the tires on a high-ceiling/low-floor guy that hasn't worked out, which is Veach's typical move.

This scenario calls for immediate production in a year where we can go for a three-peat. With that being the case, combined with it being a poor draft year AND us having an extra pick, this might be a rare scenario where Veach flops his dick on the table with a big swing.

I literally just read something saying next years draft sucks, there's currently 10 players with first round grades.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I literally just read something saying next years draft sucks, there's currently 10 players with first round grades.
Exactly. And if anyone has a pulse on the talent next year, it's Veach.

I wouldn't be surprised if he really does shoot for the moon here. (At the same time, I know he's been one to exercise caution due to age, injuries, etc... when it comes to spending cap or draft value on players.)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Not happening unless we clear a metric fuckton of space.

In any trade the Chiefs would take on the dead cap money plus any future salary.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM Today
Yeah, Johnson makes the most sense. Or Cooper.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 29
« First < 192526272829
Up