Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice Injury Update Thread
SHOWTIME 02:49 PM Yesterday
Did not look good
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Pat wouldn't be who he is if he made business decisions. You can't ask him to be a competitor only some of the time.
Well, after getting his knee crunched on a QB sneak, we've gone out of our way as an Organization to run plays that no one would ever consider just to not run any QB sneaks with Pat under Center. So yeah, he absolutely shouldn't be doing the shit he did yesterday after that INT
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Is there an actual update on Rice? I don’t want to read through 100 posts of menstruation to find it.

It’s amazing when so many men’s menstrual cycles sync.
Won't be one until this afternoon in all likelihood.

MRI scheduled for today evidently.

But the trainers know. Either he failed that drawer test (ACL) or the Valgus test (MCL). Even passing them doesn't mean you're in the clear, but failing them means you most assuredly are not.

And from the way Reid and Mahomes were talking during/after the game, it sure sounds like he failed them.

We've seen now from stuff like Quarterback and Hard Knocks that oftentimes a trainer or something will just come up to the HC (who's still in the midst of the game) and just give him a quick -- "Yeah, it's the MCL..." before moving on.

Seems likely that a trainer gave Reid a report.

I really hoped Mahomes had hit him flush enough to avoid that. Usually it's the sideways motion that creates those injuries and sometimes when it's straight back, the joints/muscles absorb it. But as I saw the replay, there was just a little pressure to the side and yeah, that's no bueno.
[Reply]
thabear04 09:56 AM Today
Trade for A.Cooper for a 5th round pick since he has the most drops in the NFL.
[Reply]
Chargem 10:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Why does he slide when he scrambles for yards? Shouldn’t he lower his shoulder for a few more yards?
Ever seen him slide short of a first down he has a chance of making rather than put his shoulder down?

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure you can.

We ask if of players all the time.

Think of ballcarriers in the pile. Kelce talks about it all the time - when they end up in a scrum, they spend the last part of just about every play trying to get to the ground. They COULD fight for another yard, but not at the risk of a fumble or an injury.

They know the smart play is to live to fight another play. And you hear guys say it after fumbles a lot "Yeah - I needed to be smarter there and know when to get down..."

WRs go out of bounds instead of lowering their shoulder for another half yard all the time. Tory Holt would go down in the middle of the field rather than get blown apart on his way to a HoF caliber career.

Yeah, these guys know when to fish and when to cut bait. And they do it game after game after game. And it's not 'business decisions' but rather an acknowledgement that they're needed for the next play, drive, game, etc...

And Pats the best at that. There's a reason his rushing YPG increases in the post-season. He knows when we need him to do that sort of stuff and when it's best to fight another day.
Not sure what any of this proves. My point is to reach the pinnacle of a sport and to be the best of all time, the kind of heights that Patrick has reached, you don't make a mistake and then go "nah I won't try and make this tackle, I'll get em on the next drive".

Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Well, after getting his knee crunched on a QB sneak, we've gone out of our way as an Organization to run plays that no one would ever consider just to not run any QB sneaks with Pat under Center. So yeah, he absolutely shouldn't be doing the shit he did yesterday after that INT
Pretty sure Mahomes would be running sneaks still if he was in charge of that decision.
[Reply]
TEX 10:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Trade for A.Cooper for a 5th round pick since he has the most drops in the NFL.
You know, I don't know if the Browns will do that. I don't think they'll be willing to give up on the season this early. And even if they did, there will be a lot of dead money next season. Plus, they've got to see if Watson can turn around, even if it's only four next season, so that's another reason to keep him around. But yeah, if the Chiefs could swing it, he would help.

I think it's far more likely they go after a player like Robinson, or Pringle. Someone that's not going to cost a lot and someone that they can theoretically plug right into the system. I don't think they'll come close to getting a player anywhere near the talent level of Rice.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Pretty sure Mahomes would be running sneaks still if he was in charge of that decision.
The point is, he's more valuable throwing the ball and running in the wide open field vs qb sneaking and making poor attempts at tackling. Him adjusting his game to keep himself healthy and productive doesn't take from his competitive edge. It's just asking him to be smart. Pretty simple really.
[Reply]
TEX 10:14 AM Today
Jamaal Charles blowing out his knee stepping on a 1st down marker is a greater shit outcome.

Dee Ford lining up offsides is a greater vapor lock and shit execution.

Oh we've had worse.
Im not so sure, when you consider where the team is now and the historical stakes of this season. But I get your point, if taken on their own merit.
[Reply]
farmerchief 10:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
People are really pining to bring Toney back? WTF?
Same people who expect Sky Moore to “ up his game” :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:22 AM Today
Won't be one until this afternoon in all likelihood.

MRI scheduled for today evidently.

But the trainers know. Either he failed that drawer test (ACL) or the Valgus test (MCL). Even passing them doesn't mean you're in the clear, but failing them means you most assuredly are not.

And from the way Reid and Mahomes were talking during/after the game, it sure sounds like he failed them.

We've seen now from stuff like Quarterback and Hard Knocks that oftentimes a trainer or something will just come up to the HC (who's still in the midst of the game) and just give him a quick -- "Yeah, it's the MCL..." before moving on.

Seems likely that a trainer gave Reid a report.

I really hoped Mahomes had hit him flush enough to avoid that. Usually it's the sideways motion that creates those injuries and sometimes when it's straight back, the joints/muscles absorb it. But as I saw the replay, there was just a little pressure to the side and yeah, that's no bueno.
Yep, they knew yesterday.

The MRI is just to confirm and give the surgeon a look at what's going on.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by :
Yep, they knew yesterday.

The MRI is just to confirm and give the surgeon a look at what's going on.
Tore mine. A good ortho knows what to look for.
The MRI is a formality. True. This is a good post.

hopefully nothing worse. DO THE DONER ACL. Dont do the Patella ACL replacement.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Tore mine. A good ortho knows what to look for.
The MRI is a formality. True. This is a good post.

hopefully nothing worse. DO THE DONER ACL. Dont do the Patella ACL replacement.
As far as I know no one does the patella replacement surgery anymore.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by Womble:
You said this:

"Pat sucks
**** him"

It's unjustifiable. If you were a dog I'd put you down.
Oh let me do it again. In that series Pat sucked. And this year, for his standards of play in all the years preceding it, he sucks.

And yes fuck him for trying to make a tackle on a pick HE THREW and then blowing out Rice's knee.

You should probably focus on putting down that cuckary you're holding you low rent bitch
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 11:24 AM Today
Andy didn’t have any update in his presser. Just said they’re still testing it and will wait to give results once they have them and that he’s out this week. That was the extent of it.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up