ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>An Excellent Colin Cowherd Take on the Chiefs
pugsnotdrugs19 01:49 PM Today

"This is the Patriots. Best coach, best quarterback, hyper aggressive defense and totally comfortable in close games late."

@ColinCowherd on Kansas City's 22-17 win pic.twitter.com/KOHR1gxfoc

— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 23, 2024

Well worth your five minutes.

I always appreciate a good third party POV like this. Feels like he’s giving it to everyone as straight up and real as possible.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If you don't like Colin, I would encourage you to try his non-TV podcast. It's on the Volume network which he owns - can be found through Apple and Spotify.

It feels like a way more genuine version of himself - like talking to a guy over a beer.

And on that show, he's consistent. In fact, he is one of very few already putting Reid and Mahomes in legitimate GOAT discussions every so often. He's got his buddies - clearly in LA with the Rams and Payton with Denver for example - but he is consistent.

Yeah, and it feels more raw, less scripted on his podcast. You get a cleaned up/polished version on Fox, more of a first-take response on The Volume.

And you get it without all the yelling and talking over each other dipstickery most other shows/podcasts have sunk to.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 02:34 PM Today
LOL, I would argue it's becoming more sustainable because like New England, it's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The Chiefs expect good things to happen in close games, opponents expect to make mistakes against them.
Absolutely. The players on both sides are believing the Chiefs are going to win and so they make it happen, whether consciously or subconsciously.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:35 PM Today
I don't watch his Fox show though. I caught this clip on twitter.

I listen to his podcast exclusively these days as far as his content goes. And most times he has a bad ass guest like Middlekauff or Nick Wright.
Well hasn't been poisoned for you. Keep it that way. I've already heard him say far too much heinously dumb shit for the sake of content to ever take him seriously.
[Reply]
notorious 02:40 PM Today
Dude has straight-up admitted he will talk about what gets ratings.

He will pick the opposite stance to the popular one every time. And it works.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by notorious:
Dude has straight-up admitted he will talk about what gets ratings.

He will pick the opposite stance to the popular one every time. And it works.

Nah. He had a stance on Baker Mayfield for about 5 years. Didn't change it until last season, and really he didn't completely change his position until after the playoffs. Colin will change his mind, but he's not a butterfly about it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I'm surprised you guys like him.

Cowherd always felt like a giant contrarian. Dude has doubted the Chiefs soooooooo many times over the years. And when the Chiefs prove him wrong, he comes back the next day like he always believed in them. I can never respect talking heads that don't own their shit.
Some days I do. Some days I don't.

I think he's a generally sharp guy who can be a contrarian and a bomb-thrower without being a drolling dipshit like Skip Bayless.

That's worth giving him some credit for.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:14 PM Today
I think he's as good as there is right now. Especially when he collabs with John Middlekauff.
He's definitely not wrong in that clip, but I'll take Rich Eisen over him any day of the week
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:15 PM Today
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He's definitely not wrong in that clip, but I'll take Rich Eisen over him any day of the week
Eisen is also fantastic.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Some days I do. Some days I don't.

I think he's a generally sharp guy who can be a contrarian and a bomb-thrower without being a drolling dipshit like Skip Bayless.

That's worth giving him some credit for.
That just makes him boring as fuck for me personally. There's plenty of milquetoast shit posters taking up air time nowadays.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

I am a fan of Eisen. Somehow just a better listen/watch.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:25 PM Today
We’re New England minus the cheating scandals
[Reply]
Rausch 03:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Bro I literally read that as worshipping Satan at first.
Close...
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:48 PM Today
Colin says nice things.

And then there's Nick Wright, whose show has surpassed Colin's in ratings and in entertainment

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Colin says nice things.

And then there's Nick Wright, whose show has surpassed Colin's in ratings and in entertainment

Ahhh the best part of Mondays :-)

It's fun, It's funny and it's a great time to be a fan of the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 04:16 PM Today
He had a lot of great things to say about the defense. The offense, not so much...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up