ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Cowboys give CeeDee Lamb, Dak Prescott new contract offers
T-post Tom 11:13 PM 07-27-2024
Cowboys give CeeDee Lamb, Dak Prescott new contract offers

Executive vice president Stephen Jones said Saturday the Cowboys sent a new offer to receiver CeeDee Lamb’s representation Friday. The team also recently sent a new offer to Dak Prescott’s agent.

Talks are progressing for both players, and the Cowboys seem optimistic they can get both signed by the start of the regular season.

“Right now, I would characterize both conversations as upbeat,” Jones said. “We’re having good talks back and forth with both Todd [France] and Tory [Dandy]. I like where we stand.”

France, Prescott’s agent, is in talks with the Cowboys about a third contract for the quarterback. It took two years for Prescott to get his second contract, a four-year, $160 million deal that expires at the end of this season.

Prescott has all the leverage, with no-trade and no-tag clauses, so he is in control of whether he becomes a free agent in March.

“We’re talking. Make no mistake about it. We’re talking,” Owner Jerry Jones said Saturday.

Lamb, whose agent is Dandy, is not participating in training camp as he seeks a raise on the $17.9 million he is scheduled to make on his fifth-year option.

www.floriosrag.com
[Reply]
DRM08 10:42 PM 07-29-2024
It will be interesting to see what happens with Prescott. His next contract is going to set the market in a lot of ways. Last time he got $75M in Year 1 of his deal. He is probably wanting $90M in Year 1 of the new deal. And he's likely wanting $60M per year of new money. Will the Cowboys bend the knee, or will he end up on the open market where someone is desperate enough to give him these numbers?
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 AM 07-30-2024
The smart thing would be to pay Ceedee and Micah, let Dak walk (or figure out a way to tag and trade him? doubt he'd be ok with that and they've contractually got it where they can't I think) and draft a young QB.

The ideal situation would have been to have drafted a QB this year early and gone the Mahomes route, but it's Dallas so that's out.

You would like to have weapons for your young QB so I'd keep Lamb, but you could get an absolute haul for Parsons so that would be the way I'd go.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:42 PM 07-30-2024
The problem there is Jerry Jones is fucking SHIT at evaluating QB talent. Seriously, the last two first round QBs linked to him were Johnny Manziel and Paxton Lynch. They didn't even want Dak. Settled on him after Oakland took their preferred choice in Connor Cook.
[Reply]
In58men 05:58 PM 07-30-2024
How much do Chiefs pay Worthy Rice Brown total?

I wanna compare it to these other big WR contracts.

Off-season of wide-receiver extensions continue:

��Justin Jefferson: 4-years, $140M
��DJ Moore: 4-years, $110M
��Amon-Ra St. Brown: 4-years, $120.01M
��Jaylen Waddle: 3-years, $84.75M
��Nico Collins: 3-years, $72.75M
��A.J. Brown: 3-years, $92M
��DeVonta Smith: 3-years, $75M…

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 30, 2024

[Reply]
tredadda 06:24 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
How much do Chiefs pay Worthy Rice Brown total?

I wanna compare it to these other big WR contracts.

KC has Mahomes, they don’t hence the huge WR contracts. Exception is Collins because the Texans have Stroud on a rookie contract.
[Reply]
In58men 06:41 PM 07-30-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
KC has Mahomes, they don’t hence the huge WR contracts. Exception is Collins because the Texans have Stroud on a rookie contract.
I know, I want to see the value we save in the WR department.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up