ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 44
« First < 344041424344
Nzoner's Game Room>**** October 10th, Yankees at Royals ALDS Game 4 GDT ****
wazu 09:32 AM Today
Time to shake off last night! The Royals have been relentless throughout this season, beating expectations time and again. Tonight the boys in blue are going to take Game 4 and send this series back to New York. Fans at the K be LOUD! These opportunities don't happen every year, or even every decade. Enjoy it!

Go Royals!

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:07 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That fly out from Isbel is gonna bake into my brain overnight

Certainly thinking whoever plays NY has a great shot to take them out. That’s not an exceptionally better team than anybody left. Biggest wallet, sure.
Agreed on both counts. Isbel’s fly ball will be a haunting aspect. The Yankees pitched exceptionally well. No taking that away. But, until Stanton righted himself, it was anybody’s series to take.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:08 PM Today
People started heading to their cars in the 9th before the game was over. We're better than that. Great year, but you can't leave because you want to beat traffic in that situation.

:-)
[Reply]
myselff77 09:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by chiefsfan987:
I don't know how you do that when the captain has the worst plate discipline on the team. Love Salvy and so does everyone but he's never going to stop swinging at pitches way out of the zone.
The first half of the season Salvy looked more disciplined at the plate than ever. Second half he seemed to fall apart. The radio talking heads said his bat speed isn’t there which forced him to start his swing early which sounds very possible.

Will be interesting to see what the Royals do with Salvy. Might be time to give him the Lebron game management treatment. Split his time equally between C, 1B, DH with more full off days sprinkled in.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:09 PM Today
I'm lazy and haven't looked it up so I'm hoping someone can explain the playoff seeding.

1, 2 get byes
3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5 - makes sense

1 plays 5 and 2 plays 6 - why not 1 plays 6 and 2 plays 5?

Shouldn't the top seed play the bottom? Was there something about the way the teams finished that caused this?

Just curious as to the seeding of the teams.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I'm lazy and haven't looked it up so I'm hoping someone can explain the playoff seeding.

1, 2 get byes

Shouldn't the top seed play the bottom? Was there something about the way the teams finished that caused this?

They set brackets at the beginning and don’t re-seed
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

1, 2 get byes

They don't reseed after the Wild Card round.

No. 1 plays the winner of 4 and 5 no matter what.

No. 2 plays the winner of 3 and 6 no matter what.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:16 PM Today
Tiufvtwaf
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:17 PM Today
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
People started heading to their cars in the 9th before the game was over. We're better than that. Great year, but you can't leave because you want to beat traffic in that situation.

:-)
Yeah, that sucks. They deserved to have a full stadium for the entire game. That said, the crowd knew what was going to happen. We were just too predictable at the plate. We chased everything out of the zone in the last two games. It was just crazy how bad and undisciplined we were at the plate. And look, the Yankees pitching at the K was outstanding, but we helped them out in both games. It’s why we lost the series…and amazingly, the 27 walks we surrendered somehow weren’t really the story.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:18 PM Today
I think an important thing to remember is that we made it further than the cards this post season cause fuck St. Louis!
[Reply]
Page 44 of 44
« First < 344041424344
Up