ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we talk about panty hose?
Bob Dole 07:21 AM Today
I've read discussions around here that indicate there might be a generational divide between those of us who suffered but endured for 50 years, and our relative newcomers. I saw a post on FB earlier claiming that Raquel Welch auditioned for the Maryann character on Gilligan's Island, and the first reply to the photo attached was, "She's wearing panty hose"

When I was growing up, respectable women not wearing slacks wore panty hose. Hell, L'eggs and their packing and marketing probably made some people a fortune. Hane's was a huge brand. Panty hose were as mainstream as anything you could imagine. My professionally employed wife (married 1986) wore panty hose with her skirts every day, and as a dancer, she had pretty good gams. (Not that kind of dancer, perverts.)

I remember clearly the first professional woman I saw wearing a skirt and no hose, and I remember thinking, "What the fuck?" She was albino white, kind of bow legged, and her legs were not particularly attractive. I've since gotten used to it, but it's significant that I remember the moment

I'm just interested in the opinions and comments of others in this bubble, even though I expect the usual suspect's dismissive trolling. There was a change in our culture, and I'm just curious.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:45 AM Today
All I can think about is Joe Namath.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:45 AM Today
Stupid and unnecessary garment. I’m 52.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
All I can think about is Joe Namath.
Probably says more about you than him.

Reminds me of my Catholic education and not realizing how good I had it...
[Reply]
sedated 10:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by notorious:
They were big in the 80s, after that I don’t think I ever saw them.
Black tights were big in the 90s, at least on the TV shows.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 10:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I suddenly have an earache...
My eye !,,,
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rausch:
More true than not.
Allegedly how my mother's side of the family ended up on this continent, so it was definitely not intended as an insult. Last name Zener might contribute to the family myth. lol
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up