ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>The Athletic - Chiefs are 7-0 but not quite perfect. How to unleash vintage Mahomes
kcgreene 10:53 AM Today
Chiefs are 7-0 but not quite perfect. Here’s how to unleash vintage Mahomes: Sando’s Pick Six

By Mike Sando
7h ago

I only included the parts pertaining to the Chiefs in here, Article in Spoiler

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 10:57 AM Today
I'm still mad that John Alt got screwed out of a bunch of pro bowls by Richmond Webb, who didn't give up sacks purely because Dan Marino had such a fast release.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:43 AM Today
The article fails to mention Todd Blackledge as part of the QBs drafted in the first round of the 83 draft.

A QB who was drafted BEFORE Marino!

Oh and YEAH, we need a LT duh!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:43 AM Today
If you name the top 15 left tackles in the Super Bowl era, you'll see that few of those players won Super Bowls.

I can't name a single left tackle that Montana, Brady or Manning had during their SB runs.

History will be the same for this Chiefs dynasty.

Now that said, there is a difference between being average and being total ass. Mahomes has had decent to good LT play with Fisher, Brown, and Smith. None of those players were bad. Wanya would easily be the worst LT we've hard during this run. But it's still doable to win this season with him and Kingsley splitting snaps. Just need them to improve and hold their own. They can't get totally dominated by opposing edge rushers.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:45 AM Today
The Chiefs are more well suited to win the Super Bowl at this point in their season than they have been after seven games in any year of the Reid era.

Not quite perfect? FUCK YOU!
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:47 AM Today
You can’t name Matt Light or Steve Wallace?
[Reply]
Womble 11:53 AM Today
The same Athletic that has the Chiefs as 4th on the Power Rankings? Two places below the mighty 5-3 Ravens who have lost to the Raiders and the Browns. Oh and the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
You can’t name Matt Light or Steve Wallace?
Wallace mainly played in the Steve Young era but he did span both of them I guess. Bubba Paris also played a lot of LT for them back in those days.

Also to add to this, Montana played with Wallace, Randy Cross, Guy McIntyre, Harris Barton and Jessie Sepolu the 49ers line was incredibly good in those days.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
If you name the top 15 left tackles in the Super Bowl era, you'll see that few of those players won Super Bowls.

I can't name a single left tackle that Montana, Brady or Manning had during their SB runs.

History will be the same for this Chiefs dynasty.

Now that said, there is a difference between being average and being total ass. Mahomes has had decent to good LT play with Fisher, Brown, and Smith. None of those players were bad. Wanya would easily be the worst LT we've hard during this run. But it's still doable to win this season with him and Kingsley splitting snaps. Just need them to improve and hold their own. They can't get totally dominated by opposing edge rushers.
On that note, I saw the other day that Jim Tyrer is in the semifinalist group for the senior Hall of Fame vote as well as Otis Taylor and Albert Lewis.

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/...eduction-vote/

In Tyrer's case, I make particular note of this sentence in the article:

Only their on-the-field accomplishments are considered.

I think the three Chiefs are easily among the most deserving, along with Everson Walls and Joe Jacoby.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 12:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
On that note, I saw the other day that Jim Tyrer is in the semifinalist group for the senior Hall of Fame vote as well as Otis Taylor and Albert Lewis.

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/...eduction-vote/

In Tyrer's case, I make particular note of this sentence in the article:

Only their on-the-field accomplishments are considered.

I think the three Chiefs are easily among the most deserving, along with Everson Walls and Joe Jacoby.
Jim Tyrer should be a HOF slam dunk. Fun fact: when I was 5 years old, Jim Tyrer lived across the street from my family in KC.

God, he seemed like a giant to me then.

The Tyrers didn't live across the street when the tragedy happened, BUT I was a Rockhurst High classmate of his son, Brad Tyrer.

In fact, I had multiple classes with Brad that year.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:41 PM Today
The article's only complaint on Taylor is penalties?

That is not causing anyone to scramble or get worn out. Maybe it is leaving the offense in third and long and making for hero ball, but it isn't automatically causing scrambles.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:55 PM Today
Mahomes' main issue is that he's become really bad navigating a pocket. He bails from the pocket all the time and it makes it look like he's got a ton of pressure. Messy pockets do not mean that he is being pressured and in his first few years he'd navigate the pocket beautifully, but now he's taking off all the time towards the sidelines and misses guys running wide open.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:58 PM Today
The left tackle situation has messed with Mahomes’ timing/mechanics even when the protection is good.
[Reply]
Up