ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Looking for 5k2k monitor - recs?
Hammock Parties 02:32 PM Yesterday
My current monitor is going kaput, as the top and bottom backlights are dead or dying.

Any recs on a 5k2k monitor? 5120x2160.

Anyone own this? Price is great value for that resolution, and reviews are solid.

https://www.amazon.com/Deco-Gear-Ult...4461167b8&th=1

Will consider anything between this price and $1,000.
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:07 PM Yesterday
For me personally, I like higher refresh rates for a monitor. Especially if you are playing games with it. I would personally pick a lower resolution with a higher refresh rate. You are sitting fairly close to a monitor usually. That higher resolution to me just doesn't help matters but that is me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:17 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
For me personally, I like higher refresh rates for a monitor. Especially if you are playing games with it. I would personally pick a lower resolution with a higher refresh rate. You are sitting fairly close to a monitor usually. That higher resolution to me just doesn't help matters but that is me.
As a heavy Adobe user, I'm not going below a 4k monitor ever again.
[Reply]
Fish 07:04 PM Yesterday
75Hz refresh at that size would look so meh..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:29 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Fish:
75Hz refresh at that size would look so meh..
Thanks for the help. :-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:50 AM Today
I can tell you that Samsung sells their display panels to companies like Viotek, Gigabyte, and others. I'd do some research to see if they have sold any of their 4k displays to smaller companies and go that route.

/cursory glance... didn't find anything but that doesn't mean you won't with a deeper dig.
// if you do *ANY* gaming... you may consider a new video card as well
[Reply]
Up