ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 47
« First < 374344454647
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Yesterday
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I dont know if I should believe anything on my google news feed.

One story---Tyreek was mad at the Chiefs signing of Hopkins.

Dude--you took the money. and your coach is a high school football commentator. Your QB is glass and should retire.
Live in that house you chose.
yep....He's also never been afraid to bad mouth the Chiefs every time he has had an opportunity.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:50 AM Today
So has he actually been on the practice field yet here? Could've sworn I remember reading they wanted him out there yesterday
[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
So has he actually been on the practice field yet here? Could've sworn I remember reading they wanted him out there yesterday
Deal wasn't put into the league yesterday, so no.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's no reason at all to think he can't immediately be fully involved in your first scripted 15.

Then you figure you can probably get him in 3-4 plays over 4-5 formations and find another 15-20 plays worth of snaps.

And then have him running really basic quick-hitter sort of stuff in red zone and 3rd down scenarios for another 5-10 plays.

I see a path for 30-45 snaps as soon as this weekend. And I don't think it would be difficult at all.

Skyy Moore took 33 snaps last week. 40 snaps for Hopkins puts his ass back on the bench where it belongs.
IR puts Moore's ass where it belongs!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
He just passed his physical and officially became a member of the Chiefs about 30 minutes ago.
[Reply]
Katie 10:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
He just passed his physical and officially became a member of the Chiefs about 30 minutes ago.
How do you know that?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:06 AM Today
Mmm. Probably not going to be doing much Sunday then.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:07 AM Today
I’m thinking they did a scan of the knee yesterday and had to wait for the scan results this morning. Glad he passed the test and he’s officially part of the team. Time to go win your ring, D-Hop!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's no reason at all to think he can't immediately be fully involved in your first scripted 15.

Then you figure you can probably get him in 3-4 plays over 4-5 formations and find another 15-20 plays worth of snaps.

And then have him running really basic quick-hitter sort of stuff in red zone and 3rd down scenarios for another 5-10 plays.

I see a path for 30-45 snaps as soon as this weekend. And I don't think it would be difficult at all.

Skyy Moore took 33 snaps last week. 40 snaps for Hopkins puts his ass back on the bench where it belongs.
Yeah if he was 100% healthy I agree, I just wonder if conserving him early for health reasons is a good excuse to ease him in. I’m good with it either way.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lol Hopkins isn't going to be close to 1000 yds and 10 TDs. He will be lucky to have 400 yds and 5 TDs. He's not close to the same player he was even last year.
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
Jeeeez-us. Ignite the reality bomb and take a deep breath. This is is not 2018 when he played 16 games. He caught one pass for 6 yards on one target playing 44 snaps (a season high) Sunday with a "Calf-ish, Achilles area" soreness in his lower leg.

He turns 33 in June and he is not the player he was. He's a veteran player which is what the Chiefs wanted. He has to learn to play with Mahomes and they have to get the timing right. The Chiefs had to do something.

Anything is possible. I was trying to give a high and a low optimistic outlook of his potential production, that's all.

However, barring injury, I think 400 yds is way too low. He has 11 games to beat that, and unless they just sit him for several games for some reason, he'll beat that in the next month and a half.

What you guys aren't taking into account is that DHop is a human football vacuum cleaner. If Pat throws the ball anywhere inside his catch radius, it's caught. He might not have the burst he once had, but there's nothing wrong with his hands.

Once Andy/Mahomes get comfortable with what he can do, Nuk will be WR1 and will average 7-10+ targets a game, and he'll catch almost all of them, assuming Pat can put anywhere near him. The whole "he only caught one ball on 44 snaps" thing dismisses the fact that TEN offense is about as simplistic as it gets. The designs aren't that good. And they were having DHop run a ton of clearouts for no reason. And finally, that Will Levis was throwing him the ball.

Hell, watch that clip I posted last night; watch how many times Levis is way late pulling the trigger. How many times he's just off-target. How many times he doesn't even see DHop wide open.

Then ask yourself: if that was Pat throwing in those spots, would he put those on Nuk or not?

Andy won't waste Dhop's snaps like that. His use in this system is going to be a lot more efficient, because Andy is going to move him inside about 50% of the time, instead of putting him outside 70% of the time the way they did in TEN. And Pat isn't going to miss like Levis has been missing, or not see DHop wide the hell open in the middle of the field either.

Dhop caught 75 balls for 1,057yds and 7 TDs last season with Ryan Tannehill, Devito and Levis throwing him the ball in a bad system last year. All while everyone said he was washed, he couldn't run, and he had a mystery MCL injury.

And yet he didn't miss a single game. And somehow the POS managed a pair of 100-yd games and a 3 TD game. While being covered by the opposing team's best DBs and being double and sometimes even tripled covered because Levis mostly just dropped back and chucked it in DHop's direction.

Now he has Andy an Pat. He's going to have a resurgent year if Andy and Pat are even half as good as we all think they are.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:14 AM Today
Calling out some good takes here:

-"D-Hop will get involved in the opening drive and we’ll likely try and get him a TD game 1”
-"D-Hop producing 50-60 YDS per game and 5+ TDS the rest of the season is all we neeed”
-“Chiefs offense only really needs key plays from our skill positions when it matters most"
-"D-Hop opens up Kelce and Worthy, can’t lock down all 3 of them!"
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by Katie:
How do you know that?
Timing of this Tweet…

After passing his physical, DeAndre Hopkins is officially a member of the #Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/hgMZp5NN1k

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) October 24, 2024

[Reply]
In58men 10:24 AM Today
Timing of this Tweet…

I’ve haven’t been horny in awhile, but this helped.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 47
« First < 374344454647
Up