« First < 6465253545556
Nzoner's Game Room>***** All things Fitness *****
penguinz 08:51 AM 01-02-2022
2022 getting and staying fit thread!
[Reply]
penguinz 04:42 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I guess that's a no, lol.
Lots of stuff on Google Scholar. I watched a YouTube video or two about this not too long ago. If I can find the one it was I'll pass it on.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Strength also sometimes simply comes from within and can't be teached (in the sense i am talking about at least).

The lifters I know who have the most strength to bodyweight often lift with a lot of intensity and are in general very passionate ppl.
100% Strength training is a skill.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I guess that's a no, lol.
Can you also expand on the second paragraph? First mention strength vs hypertrophy for muscle size. Second paragraph is about ROM.

Are these two separate questions?
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Can you also expand on the second paragraph? First mention strength vs hypertrophy for muscle size. Second paragraph is about ROM.

Are these two separate questions?
Oh, probably should have elaborated, but there were videos going around recently where someone YouTube guys did a study on full ROM vs lengthened partials. Each person in the study lifted using full ROM with one arm and lengthened partials with the other, then they measured the difference in muscle size after like 8 weeks.

So, no specific question on that, was just thinking a strength training vs hypertrophy training study would almost need something like that where the same person is trying both (but then of course you get into systemic fatigue and of course compound movements where you can't exactly split your body in half).

Mostly just curious if any long term studies have been done where the outcome is "they gained 5% more mass training for hypertrophy" or whatever.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:05 PM Today
Hmm I'll take a look and see if I can find anything.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by penguinz:
100% Strength training is a skill.
There is evidence that a person's emotional state (anger) can allow them to lift heavier weights.

It's obviously something that you have to be careful of because you don't want it to affect your mental state too much. But if you can harness that anger in a positive way w weight lifting it can help.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
There is evidence that a person's emotional state (anger) can allow them to lift heavier weights.

It's obviously something that you have to be careful of because you don't want it to affect your mental state too much. But if you can harness that anger in a positive way w weight lifting it can help.
There's a top level strongman that's like that. Evan Singleton. He gets so amped up he'll miss a lift that is well within his capability.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Up