ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:02 PM Today
Even with Rashee potentially coming back later in the season, Veach needs to be hyperagressive and make that trade. Cooper or Tyreek would be the only guys I'd trade for. Player fits, veterans. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that we can't squander by playing it safe. Again, I think Tyreek still playing at an elite level will command at minimum a 1st and a 3rd. Will Miami agree? They will surely take the best offer to better their team.
[Reply]
O.city 02:08 PM Today
If they were in fact on Johnson prior to him going to Pitt, that would be a pretty easy trade. He's the ideal guy in that it would fit in nicely after this year if you sign him.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:16 PM Today
If you’re Carolina why trade him? Especially Canales? You just took over, things are much better with Dalton, he’s the best WR on your team currently and you have money.

So you’re throwing away one of your best players in your first year? Huh?
[Reply]
Bump 02:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they were in fact on Johnson prior to him going to Pitt, that would be a pretty easy trade. He's the ideal guy in that it would fit in nicely after this year if you sign him.
I wouldn't mind trading for Johnson one bit
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:18 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
3rd for Cooper and the Titans 3rd for Johnson and a 4th (with the Titans pick likely being as high as its going to be, that 3rd/4th pick swap would be the rough equivalent of a mid-3rd in terms of value given up).

Done and done.

I don't want one. I want BOTH.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If you’re Carolina why trade him? Especially Canales? You just took over, things are much better with Dalton, he’s the best WR on your team currently and you have money.

So you’re throwing away one of your best players in your first year? Huh?
Best answer I have is that they didn't express much interest in extending him when they got him.

They appeared to have seen him as a piece that could help Bryce Young transition. That clearly didn't work out. So even if they go back to Young, those two didn't have much chemistry to speak of.

So if he's not part of your future, move him.

'Better with Dalton' is still a team picking in the top 1/3 of the draft. And if you can get a top 75 pick to continue to build your roster, why wouldn't you?

The flipside to the 'first year coach' thing is that he should have plenty of runway and unless things are a complete shit-show, he should have until his 3rd year or so before the heat turns up. Moving Johnson for a good pick is absolutely going to help more in that 3rd year than keeping Johnson is going to.

So put the Honeymood Period to use. You've shown enough at this point and in Legette and Mims you have SOMEONE you can still throw to.

I'm not saying it's a given that they'd do it. But there are absolutely reasons to do so.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Up