ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets fire Saleh
Dante84 08:10 AM Today

ESPN sources: Jets fired HC Robert Saleh.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by Frazod:
On the surface, he just seems like another excellent coordinator who was overpromoted to a job he was ultimately unqualified for. However, he was also saddled with an absolute dogshit QB, and then a washed up, aging douchebag QB, and those things were on ownership, not him. Similarly, I never held Nagy's failure in Chicago against him. He wasn't the one making horrific personnel decisions and throwing away high draft picks like a drunk stuffing dollar bills into a stripper's g-string.
I don't think ANY HC is truly qualified for the HC role until they do it for a bit.

That said, he'd been there for 3 years. You should have been able to see progress. I can't claim to watch the Jets enough to know if he's still tripping over his own feet or anything.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If I was an owner/GM for a team needing to start over in January, I’m calling Ben Johnson and offering him big money as well as bringing in Saleh to be his DC.

Pray that it’s not the Bills or Bengals bc that would suck and I can totally see both franchises firing their coaches.
Bengals won't fire Lou but they should have been on the phone with Saleh the second they heard the news to bring in as a consultant, bare minimum.

I can almost guarantee you they never even made that call though. You should be able to rest easy there.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Thanks. I wonder what the context is there?
According to Rodgers and Saleh, it was an inside joke kind of deal.

Saleh always stresses the importance of getting up by two scores. Rodgers had just created a two score lead so he goes to the sideline saying “to score lead”.

You can see Saleh smiles after the encounter.

That most likely was never anything negative. Rodgers is just a wry sense of humor type of guy.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Holy shit. I did expect it but not that early.

Rogers strikes again. How many coaches has he gotten fired?
Has to be Rodgers. The Jets are #8 right now but they have a positive division and conference record. How does a GM keep him for that long, through that shit show, then drop him now, unless it's the QB.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He should be angling for Miami, Buffalo, or Cincy. Miami has the warm weather for an old guy. Buffalo & Cincy have very good QB’s.
No way in hell. They wouldn't fire Zac even if he went 4-13 this year and BB wants too much control and the Bengals would never give that up. Not a chance.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:15 PM Today
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
No way in hell. They wouldn't fire Zac even if he went 4-13 this year and BB wants too much control and the Bengals would never give that up. Not a chance.
They will fire Zac. If they lose in the playoffs he's out.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up