ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 39
« First < 293536373839
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM 09-23-2024
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm nothing if not opinionated.

But at a point, unless we're talking about Greg Robinson, I have to assume that these guys aren't missing any issues that I'm seeing.
Could have buttoned it up right there. I was actually thinking this yesterday.

I get its frustrating to watch the offense off kilter but, come on guys.

You think a bunch of slapdicks on CP can see the issues but Reid and company who will be watching every snap of every play repeatedly and dissecting everything have no clue what's going on?

I'll give them, including Nagy, the benefit of the doubt for now. Coaches coach but players got to make plays and from what I can tell so far its players making mistakes causing the issues.

I think the whole trust in the LT accusations are massively overblown as well. Mahomes has spent half his career running for his life behind average OL's.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Here ya go fellas. LT is a problem

Mahomes bailing out of clean pockets is a bigger issue.
[Reply]
Balto 10:15 AM Today
Problem is who would Veach even go after ATM to start at LT? Is Donovan or Bakhtiari even in shape? Call old man Jason Peters?

Who would trade a starting LT atm?
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:20 AM Today
I'm old enough to remember when CP collectively said to let Kingsley start and play and learn and we will take the lumps that go with it.

Now its "fuck that guy!" 3 weeks into the season.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Another reason for our offensive "issues" is that some fans had it in their head that we were gonna be this unstoppable force ala 2018.

That team had 2 HOF'ers in the peak of their powers and Mahomes was just letting it rip.
This was never going to be easy. The Chiefs still have the best QB in the league. The handwringing over ADoT and explosive plays after 3 games (at 3-0) is overblown. I’m confident Mahomes will be standing tall come January.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Mahomes bailing out of clean pockets is a bigger issue.
It's true, but the two issues are related. He's bailing out because he's "hearing footsteps."
[Reply]
DRM08 10:44 AM Today
Could have buttoned it up right there. I was actually thinking this yesterday.

I get its frustrating to watch the offense off kilter but, come on guys.

You think a bunch of slapdicks on CP can see the issues but Reid and company who will be watching every snap of every play repeatedly and dissecting everything have no clue what's going on?

I'll give them, including Nagy, the benefit of the doubt for now. Coaches coach but players got to make plays and from what I can tell so far its players making mistakes causing the issues.

I think the whole trust in the LT accusations are massively overblown as well. Mahomes has spent half his career running for his life behind average OL's.
Mahomes has not had stability at Left Tackle since the Eric Fisher injury. By the time he got really comfortable with Orlando Brown in 2022, Orlando was gone in free agency. Then you get 1 year of aging/washed up Donovan Smith. And now brand new LT guys once again in 2024. It will be nice when there is more stability over years, whether it’s Morris or Kingsley as the main dude. They just need time to develop the right chemistry with Patrick.

By comparison, Dion Dawkins has been extremely reliable and durable for 99% of Josh Allen’s 6+ years in the league. Dawkins has basically missed zero games in that time period. That’s pretty remarkable from a health standpoint. But despite the LT volatility in Kansas City, the Chiefs have managed to win 2 rings in a row and be a serious contender every year. A few months down the road, I won’t be shocked if Mahomes and the LT situation are looking much better.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:46 AM Today
Reid says someone ran the wrong route on the Worthy third down play in the 4th quarter.

https://kckingdom.com/posts/andy-rei...y-01j8j8rzzy8s
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Reid says someone ran the wrong route on the Worthy third down play in the 4th quarter.

https://kckingdom.com/posts/andy-rei...y-01j8j8rzzy8s
Rumor is that Rice didn't necessarily run the wrong route but ran it at the wrong depth.

He was supposed to get deeper to create a high/low option for Mahomes but didn't. So Worthy saw that their routes were going to put them in the same spot and so he sat in the zone to create two different options.

Pretty savvy play by Worthy, really. But I think ultimately Mahomes was locked onto Rice and when that play was going wonky, he just dirted the pass.

I think Collinsworth had it completely wrong - that ball was never really intended for Worthy at all.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:01 AM Today
I'm old enough to remember when CP collectively said to let Kingsley start and play and learn and we will take the lumps that go with it.

Now its "**** that guy!" 3 weeks into the season.
I'm old enough to remember when CP thought Trezelle Jenkins would be the next John Alt.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:18 PM Today

The #Chiefs WR were open Sunday. Via NFL Pro league average separation is 2.96 yds. Sunday night the Chiefs WR had well above average separation.
Rice: 4.43
Watson: 4.39
Smith-Schuster: 3.33
Worthy: 4.57
Kelce: 3.21

Compare this to the Falcons separation graph.. pic.twitter.com/RhhWwYjLos

— Price Carter (@priceacarter) September 25, 2024

This is actually good news IMO. Get Mahomes back to where he was week 1 and we good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I'm old enough to remember when CP thought Trezelle Jenkins would be the next John Alt.
Really?

Because my memory is that the fanbase hated the Jenkins pick from the jump. And I'm about 99% positive that CP didn't exist at the time, but I'm sure the KC Star board did.

Near as I can remember, nobody ever liked Trazelle Jenkins.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:25 PM Today

In Patrick Mahomes's last 8 regular season games, he has thrown 11 TDs and 9 INTs, and has thrown for 300+ yards just one time.

— Football Perspective (@fbgchase) September 25, 2024

[Reply]
Page 39 of 39
« First < 293536373839
Up