Melendez LF
Fermin C
Garcia 2B
Isbel CF
Singer P
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:51 PM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
LOL Nobody called you one. Thanks for answering my question. Now piss off.
Your question struck me as a rhetorical one more than anything else given its phrasing.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:57 PM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If he gives half of his offensive value back every season through his awful defense and baserunning, yeah, giving him 400M to stick around for the next decade is hardly appealing to me.
Hitting is the hard part of baseball and he's still a five win player despite all that. But I probably wouldn't pay him either, but don't think the package for him will be that all attractive considering what the Padres got for Soto.
[Reply]
ping2000 08:57 PM 09-03-2024
I think the team went slumpbusting after the Astros series and all caught the aids.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:02 PM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Hitting is the hard part of baseball and he's still a five win player despite all that. But I probably wouldn't pay him either, but don't think the package for him will be that all attractive considering what the Padres got for Soto.
He was a five win player this year. He wasn't one in 2022 and 2023, so it's not like that is a guarantee going forward either.

And you just went into great detail as to how the Jays' situation is quite hopeless (and it's hard to disagree unless the league finally decided to change the divisions up). That's not a guy you should be keeping in their situation; that's a guy you should be dealing.
[Reply]
TEX 06:02 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
That's the only positive is that no one wants the final wc spot
IMO, the Royals did enough early on, that they'll hold on to the WC.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:04 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
IMO, the Royals did enough early on, that they'll hold on to the WC.
We'll see. I hope so. It's getting real difficult to see where more than 10 wins comes from the rest of the way, and that's assuming we take 2 out of 3 from the Nats (which should be doable but it's a road series oh and also our offense sucks currently).

The question is will 85/86 wins be enough? Need to avoid Detroit/Boston getting hot. We can take care of Detroit on our own next week.
[Reply]
TEX 07:37 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
We'll see. I hope so. It's getting real difficult to see where more than 10 wins comes from the rest of the way, and that's assuming we take 2 out of 3 from the Nats (which should be doable but it's a road series oh and also our offense sucks currently).

The question is will 85/86 wins be enough? Need to avoid Detroit/Boston getting hot. We can take care of Detroit on our own next week.
I think so. And that's exactly it, none of the other teams are hot either. So they may have just enough cushion, with only 22 games to go.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:03 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Who isn't? The Jays are garbage.

Although it's obvious the Jays would have had a better record than the Royals this year if they switched schedules. The White Sox may actually be the worst MLB baseball team in a century.
Fun fact:

Take away the Royals record against the White Sox this year (who the Jays were 5-1 against, by the way) and the Royals STILL have a better overall record and winning % than the Blue Jays. So the Royals are still average without the White Sux.

The Blue Jays suck REGARDLESS.

That's gotta suck, huh.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up