ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 67
« First < 17576364656667
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:29 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Still love Sneed, but he's def NOT playing at the level he did last year. Got beat quite a bit today, while Jaylen Watson has been nails.

I am legit starting to wonder what it is we're doing different here with schemes and coaching because Sneed was a beast last year, but we look to be BETTER this year on defense. Wild.
I mean, a future (2025) third is the best offer we got. Clearly, other GMs weren't enamored with paying him, either.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:03 PM Yesterday
Still love Sneed, but he's def NOT playing at the level he did last year. Got beat quite a bit today, while Jaylen Watson has been nails.

I am legit starting to wonder what it is we're doing different here with schemes and coaching because Sneed was a beast last year, but we look to be BETTER this year on defense. Wild.
It's hard to play at that same level when your team is going nowhere and you've just been paid a large contract.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:13 PM Yesterday
Yup. Gonna be a high third for corner play that didn't fall off
That and 20 million to spend elsewhere.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 12:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by Redbled:
That and 20 million to spend elsewhere.
Glad we used it on Jones who actually looks more motivated after getting paid.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:04 AM Today
The system is a big deal for any player. We watched the Patriots turn coal into diamonds for years. More times then not those players would go else where, get paid, and come back down to earth. (Trey Flowers off the top of my head.)

Sneed is who he was. However he doesn't have Chris Jones and George to rush QB's anymore. He doesn't have Spags to put him in a position to make plays in the backfield. On top of that they don't love him in TEN like they loved him in KC.

Sneed said himself he was mad at the initial trade news, even said he wanted to stay. Now he's over there and he has to be nails only to watch Levis flounder for his efforts. Players are people too and football is an emotional game.

Like Tyreek, he got paid but it's not the same. (Althougg Tyreek did light the world on fire and no longer has a QB. That matters but you get the point.)
[Reply]
TheGuardian 01:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
The system is a big deal for any player. We watched the Patriots turn coal into diamonds for years. More times then not those players would go else where, get paid, and come back down to earth. (Trey Flowers off the top of my head.)

Sneed is who he was. However he doesn't have Chris Jones and George to rush QB's anymore. He doesn't have Spags to put him in a position to make plays in the backfield. On top of that they don't love him in TEN like they loved him in KC.

Sneed said himself he was mad at the initial trade news, even said he wanted to stay. Now he's over there and he has to be nails only to watch Levis flounder for his efforts. Players are people too and football is an emotional game.

Like Tyreek, he got paid but it's not the same. (Althougg Tyreek did light the world on fire and no longer has a QB. That matters but you get the point.)
I make great bank....not NFL bank but I can retire today if I want. And I just wonder why these guys need deca million dollar paydays.

Hill will get into the hall but I will say this - if I had played in the NFL I would have taken a LOT LESS just to win championship after championship year after year. That highlight where Sneed knocks the ball out of flowers hands at the goalline - he won't get those anymore.

Where Jones, Kelce, Pat, etc will all have these long historical highlights that extend way past their playing years.
[Reply]
Basileus777 01:35 AM Today
I make great bank....not NFL bank but I can retire today if I want. And I just wonder why these guys need deca million dollar paydays.

Hill will get into the hall but I will say this - if I had played in the NFL I would have taken a LOT LESS just to win championship after championship year after year. That highlight where Sneed knocks the ball out of flowers hands at the goalline - he won't get those anymore.

Where Jones, Kelce, Pat, etc will all have these long historical highlights that extend way past their playing years.
That might be Sneed's only big contract in his career, I get trying to maximize earnings, especially when championships are never guaranteed.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:54 AM Today

He's actually been very good for them. Getting beat a few times happens. But overall he's faced some good wideouts and locked them up. Difference is everyone else in that secondary isn't up to his standard.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 67
« First < 17576364656667
Up