Page 5186 of 5186
« First < 4186468650865136517651825183518451855186
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 04:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
You’re drunk… and will have to hope that one of the others shows up to play this game with you.
But of course, the old proverbial copout of "can't attack the message, so attack the messenger". Not a valid approach.

Do tell -- am I drunk when I point out that Tebow helped the Donks win his 1st playoff start & Elway and the Donks lost Elway's 1st playoff start? After all, you did say "In no world is a comparison of Tebow to Elway applicable."
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by brdempsey69:
But of course, the old proverbial copout of "can't attack the message, so attack the messenger". Not a valid approach.

Do tell -- am I drunk when I point out that Tebow helped the Donks win his 1st playoff start & Elway and the Donks lost Elway's 1st playoff start? After all, you did say "In no world is a comparison of Tebow to Elway applicable."
Silly debate you’re working on built upon a crazy premise.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 05:08 PM Today
Silly debate you’re working on built upon a crazy premise.
It's only "silly" to you.

My analysis of Tebow being shafted with Elway being one of the primary culprits involved still stands.

I found an interesting quote from You Tube (I can't post links at the present time) that goes like this:

Originally Posted by :
@dogfacedboy6947 1 year ago
The reason that John Elway chased after Payton Manning SO HARD was because he knew that he would be "gifted" a Super Bowl or two in his last years. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO ELWAY.
Could it be that Elway's desire to get rid Tebow also had something to do with the pursuit of Manning? Granted, Manning was an all-time great, but Manning wasn't getting any legit SB trophy in Denver that was earned in legit fashion on a level playing field -- same as Elway.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:19 PM Today
Originally Posted by brdempsey69:
It's only "silly" to you.

My analysis of Tebow being shafted with Elway being one of the primary culprits involved still stands.

I found an interesting quote from You Tube (I can't post links at the present time) that goes like this:

Could it be that Elway's desire to get rid Tebow also had something to do with the pursuit of Manning? Granted, Manning was an all-time great, but Manning wasn't getting any legit SB trophy in Denver that was earned in legit fashion on a level playing field -- same as Elway.
Earlier, I mentioned that Manning becoming available gave them the perfect exit strategy with Tebow.
[Reply]
brdempsey69 05:36 PM Today
Earlier, I mentioned that Manning becoming available gave them the perfect exit strategy with Tebow.
Yes, you did mention that & I didn't say you were wrong about that. I only mentioned that Tebow was worthy of being considered as a backup to Manning.

If that had happened, I don't believe Tebow would've crybabied about it (like Elway did when Tommy Maddox was drafted in 1992), but would have given his full 100% support to Manning, as Tebow would still have been getting paid and still be a part of the team.
[Reply]
Page 5186 of 5186
« First < 4186468650865136517651825183518451855186
Up