ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount+)
SAGA45 10:10 PM 08-05-2024
How in the absolute f*** did this series not have its own thread on this forum? I gotta say, fellas...I'm a little disappointed here. This series is awesome! It's done an outstanding job soothing my itch for something akin to The Wire.

Mike McLusky has got to be one of the best anti-heroes of all time. He doesn't even fit this era. Given how much time he spends on the road commuting between shitstorms, I'd say he would've been right at home in the 70's with Kojak, Baretta, or Mannix. Except he's not a detective. But there could've easily been a hit series in the '70s called McLusky with him doing the same stuff.

Anyway, again, I am appalled by the absence of a lone thread for this show. So here it is and I honestly don't give a flying shit if it's been discussed in the Must Watch Series thread because it deserves its own space. Season 3 just concluded and did so with an absolute BANG!
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:45 AM 08-06-2024
Haha this show cracks me up

It’s like a 14 year old kid from Boston is the writer

Every other line:

“Fuck, shit, Mike!”
“Shit, fuck, Mike!”

I think the bald cop is the actual producer whose’s living out some Boston PD jock sniffers wet dream…even though it’s Michigan. It’s like The Wire if the The Wire had been on the WB

That said I keep watching :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 12:41 PM 08-07-2024
Knowing nothing about who's in it or what it's about isn't helping to sell me on it.

Perhaps if you linked to a trailer, or article, or even a fuggen picture giving any details it would help...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:09 PM 08-08-2024
I watched season 1. It had its moments but not up to HBO level dramas.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:33 PM 08-13-2024
Is this better than Tulsa King?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:48 PM 08-16-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is this better than Tulsa King?
Much better. I actually avoided this thread not realizing it only had one page. Just finished the new season. Pretty badass. I love Charlie. I've been saying French air for a week now.

Cant explain it but I just done like Kyles wife. She sticks by him through some shit but I just don't like her lol. Also why the fuck would you join swat after having a baby?
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:47 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Much better. I actually avoided this thread not realizing it only had one page. Just finished the new season. Pretty badass. I love Charlie. I've been saying French air for a week now.

Cant explain it but I just done like Kyles wife. She sticks by him through some shit but I just don't like her lol. Also why the **** would you join swat after having a baby?
They did a fantastic job casting Charlie! That dude is terrifying! Despite his childlike innocence, his eyes tell you all you need to know.

Bunny is another favorite of mine. Notice his arc from season 1 to season 3 and how all that has transpired has turned him from this sort of lovable gangster into an absolute monster. That's good stuff!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:52 AM Yesterday
Agree X10. The whole show was pretty well cast. I cant really think of anyone I didn't like in their role. Loved the whole series.
[Reply]
Up