ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Cox suckers just raised my cable-internet bill 23%
scho63 09:37 AM 07-19-2022
I was expecting a raise but not nearly 25%. My car insurance just went up about $32 too

Time to change my auto but I'm hostage to Cox in my community. Fucking thieves.

My electric actually went DOWN since they fixed my A/C by about $20-40.

I hate inflation! :-)

Anyone else getting gut punched?
[Reply]
Calcountry 04:50 PM 09-19-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I was expecting a raise but not nearly 25%. My car insurance just went up about $32 too

Time to change my auto but I'm hostage to Cox in my community. ****ing thieves.

My electric actually went DOWN since they fixed my A/C by about $20-40.

I hate inflation! :-)

Anyone else getting gut punched?
You voted for Biden, right? :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:13 PM 09-19-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Yesterday Cox fiber rolled out a huge upgrade here that crashed and burned. Went about 10 hours no TV or Internet.

TV back up this morning but still sketchy and some channels do not load yet.

Internet running but fucked up and it appears they scrubbed all the cache and did a major DNS reset.

Google not recognizing these sites.

Now trying to access many of my work sites or click into news articles won't load.

Chiefsplanet is nearly dead on my wifi.

Fucking Cox suckers strike again! :-)
My bill just went from $75 to $100 for the SAME internet. Called about a promotion and got the run around to get it down to $90. Not even fiber, just 500 mpbs.
[Reply]
scho63 08:25 PM 09-19-2024
Originally Posted by Calcountry:
You voted for Biden, right? :-)
You're joking right? :-)
[Reply]
Eureka 09:07 PM 09-19-2024
I live in expensive Silicon Valley and my Xfinity internet is $65 month. Works great. We cut the cable cord early this year and had our phones switched over to Xfinity for $10 month each line. They piggy back of the Verizon network. $85 for internet and 2 iPhones.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:32 AM Today
Spectrum and not Cox, but this popped up on my feed the other day... maybe these fucking ISPs are finally hurting a bit as they can no longer act as monopolies, with people switching to cell phone provider internet options, Starlink, etc.

Oh, let us take our foot off the pipe and up your bandwidth by 5 times while cutting your bill in half... it just took us like 3 decades to get there. Dicks.

https://www.thestreet.com/retail/spe...eing-customers

Originally Posted by :
Spectrum is now offering internet for a starting price of $30 a month, with speeds that begin at 500 Mbps, when bundled with mobile or video services. Pricing plans for internet services will also be guaranteed for up to three years.

The company is also automatically increasing internet speeds for Spectrum Internet and Spectrum Internet Ultra customers to 400 and 600 Mbps, respectively, for free.

[Reply]
Balto 11:03 AM Today
AZ people, I've done this the last couple of years and it works.

Call Cox and actually tell them price is too high and please disconnect service BUT put the disconnect date like a week or two out. Then in a couple of days call this number. 678-608-4070. Tell them you received an email about canceling your discount and a 40% off offer.

Your welcome.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by Balto:
AZ people, I've done this the last couple of years and it works.

Call Cox and actually tell them price is too high and please disconnect service BUT put the disconnect date like a week or two out. Then in a couple of days call this number. 678-608-4070. Tell them you received an email about canceling your discount and a 40% off offer.

Your welcome.
does that discount count against one bill? or can you lock in the discounted rate for a while?
[Reply]
Balto 11:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
does that discount count against one bill? or can you lock in the discounted rate for a while?
12 months
[Reply]
Pablo 12:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Spectrum and not Cox, but this popped up on my feed the other day... maybe these fucking ISPs are finally hurting a bit as they can no longer act as monopolies, with people switching to cell phone provider internet options, Starlink, etc.

Oh, let us take our foot off the pipe and up your bandwidth by 5 times while cutting your bill in half... it just took us like 3 decades to get there. Dicks.

https://www.thestreet.com/retail/spe...eing-customers
Be warned, Spectrum is still the absolute shit tier product you always remember it as; Time Warner. I am almost completely rid of them after having them bundle my home, internet and cell service! What a deal until it wasn't.

You like outages and the goddamn most infuriating customer service experience in person and on the phone you can get? Then that's the way to go. I wanted to fucking fist fight dude at the store when I dropped my modem off. Goddamn he deserved a fresh beating. So pretty much like every cable company that's ever existed I suppose.

There's no winning with any of these fucks

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Be warned, Spectrum is still the absolute shit tier product you always remember it as; Time Warner. I am almost completely rid of them after having them bundle my home, internet and cell service! What a deal until it wasn't.

You like outages and the goddamn most infuriating customer service, that's the way to go. I wanted to fucking fist fight dude at the store when I dropped my modem off. Goddamn he deserved a fresh beating. So pretty much like every cable company that's ever existed I suppose.

There's no winning with any of these fucks

I had TWC for years in KC and never had any issues, but of course mileage varies quite a bit. Just had to call them every year when my bill would jump from ~$90/month to $160 and they'd put me on the current special to knock it back down.

I moved to a neighborhood in AZ with constant issues though, to the point where I knew people who moved into the neighborhood and said they never had issues until moving... and of course ISP technical support is awful.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up