ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>How much sense does Mahomes make for MVP?
Direckshun 04:48 AM Today
Historically, including the two times Mahomes has actually won the MVP, the award goes to the quarterback with the gaudiest stats and highlight reel performances.

That's a big reason why, despite his regularly disappearing in the playoffs, Lamar Jackson will be a perennial MVP candidate (until the day he has to retire two seasons from now because his body was snapped in half).

And certainly going by that standard, Lamar should be a frontrunner again this year, alongside Josh Allen. Both QBs are putting up huge stats and making insane plays.

But the QB doing the heaviest lifting this season happens to be the same one who is undefeated.

We saw what happens when a really good QB is deprived of his best weapons yesterday. It was Brock Purdy, and he was largely useless.

Mahomes has made plenty of mistakes but if he cuts down on his most egregious errors, and keeps willing this team to victory after victory, then I absolutely think you have to look at him as MVP. The award is "Most Valuable Player," and Mahomes has proven that even if you kneecap the skill positions all over his offense, he (along with Reid's elite gameplanning) can lead his team to victory after victory.

Naturally, he doesn't care, because he only cares about Super Bowls.

But this guy is the GOAT, and he needs to have a trophy case proving that.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
It's Goff at the moment
No way, Goof is a fag. :-)
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:23 PM Today
Jayden Daniels is my MVP at this time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
I wouldn't be butthurt about Goff getting it, he's been good for a while now. He hasn't won one and right now he's leading in like YPA and passing %. plus he kind of looks like ryan gosling which I am told the ladies like

Personally, not a big fan of Goff. However;

Last three games his stats have been historically good. His PR over the last three is something like 153.2, and he leads the league in several other passing stats over that span. Now, two of those defenses weren't very good (SEA/DAL), but MIN has a very good defense and he diced them up.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:29 PM Today
This is a dumb thread.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
It's Goff at the moment
It’s Josh Allen if you’re not gonna give it to the best QB in the league.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:39 PM Today
My thoughts:

- If the Chiefs get past the Bills to remain undefeated, and Pat rebounds to have a few 3 TD games, then I think he's in the mix.

- At the moment, there's not really a runaway candidate. It's a very weird NFL year so far with injuries and inconsistent play.

- If everything stayed the same and we are in week 16, I think Goff would have the momentum due to the Lions record and his accuracy stats.

- It's a QB award. There's not a defender that is blowing the world away statistically to change that this year. Same with WR or RB.

---

In summary - if this team stays undefeated while the other teams (Lions, Ravens, Bills) take a few L's, and Pat starts connecting with Worthy on deep shots (he will), I think he'll work his way into the conversation in mid-November. The conversation will shift to "look what he's done despite all the adversity."

If we drop a couple games, and Pat's stats stay the same, there's no chance.

Thankfully, we proved last year that the regular season is our pre-season and we get disgusting in the playoffs. Our Rungame (Hunt, Pacheco, Steele) + Our Defense + even a Mid-level Patrick is almost insurmountable in January/February.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:47 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Hitting open receivers is definitely something he can control.
Are you sayin' Patrick Mahomes has played bad?
[Reply]
Mescalito345 12:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Only MVP I care about him getting is another Superbowl MVP.
His stats this season are not that great. He will not be the NFL MVP. But still, in the fourth quarter of a playoff game, there is nobody better than Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up