ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Its Fat Bear week again
srvy 06:11 AM 10-05-2022
Once again the annual fat bear contest on live cam begins in Katmai AK.

https://www.nps.gov/katm/learn/fat-bear-week.htm

Let the feedbag commence.
[Reply]
Athis 04:02 PM 10-05-2022

[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 04:19 PM 10-05-2022
I didn’t know Brooke Pryor had her own week. Reek gonna be mad, but he probably good.
[Reply]
srvy 06:08 AM 10-12-2022
Bear 747 is the winner

But not without controversy.

Voting scandal
This all might have been a different story if officials hadn't detected the vote tampering on Sunday.
"A Fat Bear Week scandal for the ages. Someone stuffed the ballot box!," Explore.org said on Twitter on Sunday evening. The organization heads up Fat Bear Week at Katmai.
�� A Fat Bear Week scandal for the ages ��
Someone stuffed the ballot box! The correct total after our review is:
747: 37,940
435: 30,430
That makes 747 today's winner.
Fake votes are discarded, and all the past days' votes have been reviewed.
We'll see you tomorrow! pic.twitter.com/HQcyZOWfeG

— explore.org (@exploreorg) October 10, 2022

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/f...allenger%20901.
[Reply]
rydogg58 01:32 PM 07-30-2023
The salmon have been running for a couple of weeks now and the live cam at Brooks Falls has caught it all. On the days I have the live cam on, I can still see the bears snagging quite a bit of fish.

747 is still a big ass bear and he's got a couple more months before fat bear week starts.
[Reply]
srvy 01:51 PM Today
Katmai Fat Bear was last week and I totally forgot about it.

Grazer won and has become the back-to-back champion.

Grazer

She beat out Chunk a larger male bear who killed her cub in 2023. Grazer's 2 cubs slipped off a waterfall into the river and were swept into Chunk's territory where he promptly killed one of them. There is no word on whether the other cub survived or was killed in the fall.

Grazer and Chunk got into a brutal fight before Fat Bear Week in which Glazer was victorious. It must have been retribution. Glazer will be going for a threepeat in 2025 just like the Chiefs.

Chunk

[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 02:29 PM Today
your dad is a fat bear
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:31 PM Today
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
your dad is a fat bear
Lmao got him
[Reply]
srvy 02:32 PM Today
your dad is a fat bear
He was never fat and will never be fat as he has been in the ground since 2006.:-)
[Reply]
srvy 02:34 PM Today
By the way, cams are still up and assumed will be until they hibernate.

https://explore.org/livecams/brown-b...ar-salmon-cams
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 02:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by srvy:
He was never fat and will never be fat as he has been in the ground since 2006.:-)
i didn't mean you specifically i meant you the person readng this
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:00 PM Today
i didn't mean you specifically i meant you the person readng this
I hope you read your own post bitch boom pwned lmao
[Reply]
frozenchief 03:55 PM Today
Most people have no idea how nature really works. Between Disney, cartoons, and fluffy documentaries, people anthropomorphize animals and attribute human thoughts, feelings, emotions, and motivations to animals whose goals in life are: stay fed, keep safe, and make more of me. I remember one woman I knew telling me that bears 'knew when we were being friendly and they appreciate it.' I attribute her survival to not meeting many bears.

Pro tip: wild animals are WILD. You have no idea what they will do or why. You don't need to be paranoid but you should be appropriately cautious.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up