ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>7/28/24 Daily Training Camp Thread.
Buehler445 12:00 AM 07-28-2024
Happy Sunday my dudes.

More chiefs!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:26 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
No chance they cut him even if Hicks comes in looking like an all pro.
Agreed. Will make the decision to move on from Reid after this season easier though.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:31 AM 07-29-2024
Dave Merritt is so so good. They take these long athletic guys like Kelvin Joseph and fit them in the boundary corner role seamlessly.

Merritt will be a great DC one day
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
No chance they cut him even if Hicks comes in looking like an all pro.
I don't think so either. I'd imagine he walks after this year though.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:56 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Dave Merritt is so so good. They take these long athletic guys like Kelvin Joseph and fit them in the boundary corner role seamlessly.

Merritt will be a grey DC one day
Pretty sure he’s black, not grey.

To your point, it’s a huge advantage in roster construction to get high level CB play from guys on 1st contracts.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:00 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Merritt will be a grey DC one day
Remember when idiots freaked out because the assistant DB coach Sam Madison left, and they all thought he was the genius coach and not Merritt?
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:04 AM 07-29-2024
Sounds similar to John Dorsey
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:06 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think so either. I'd imagine he walks after this year though.
I had him marked down as a walk no matter what until the playoffs last year. He was really up and down but seemed to turn it up the last half of last year.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:30 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Their main observations of note:

* Kingsley > Wanya (so far)
* Toney and LRZ are probably battling for that gadgety RB role and Toney has the leg up so far
* Prince looks really good and much better in pass pro than last season
* Hicks looks awesome
* Irv Smith Jr looks really good
FAU looks lightyears better with the tutelage of Tamba and strength training.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
FAU's progression has been the biggest revelation. Guy looked like a bust last season. So far in camp he has looked fast and explosive in his getoffs. If he could equal Dana's production and more, that's a checkmark pick.
Doesnt it usually take a year for most DE/DL to start showing their top end potential?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:40 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Agreed. Will make the decision to move on from Reid after this season easier though.
We will need to pay some players next season. One's we will want to keep. If we got someone on their rookie contract to step up at Safety, then we can use the money spent on Reid to help pay to sign Creed/Bolton/Trey.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up