ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>My Childhood Neighbor Needs a Kidney/Liver transplant.
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:38 AM Today
We were never close, but his parents have been our neighbors for almost 40 years. Good neighbors.

And their son is about my age, and he is quite ill. He’s been going through the early to moderate serious stages of liver/kidney failure.

His birthday was today. And I just feel so weird and awkward about what to give the guy.

Couple weeks ago, we had extra watermelons, and the melons were great, so I carved a melon and walked across the yard and gave them half.

The dad apparently got to my mom saying thank you and enjoying what a good melon that was.

But geesh, what can I do or send to him or his family that will do anything?

Pizza night? BBQ night?

Poor bastard is not my best friend by any stretch, and for whatever reason, we have awkward exchanges….

I dunno. This is not my wheelhouse.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:13 AM Today
Sounds like you are being kind to them. The world needs more of that.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:19 AM Today
A friend of mines dad put a big ass kidney needed type O or whatever sticker on the window of his truck. Random people took pictures of it on the road and shared it on social media like crazy. Ended up finding one. Maybe plaster a big ass sticker.
[Reply]
myselff77 07:30 AM Today
Do you or him still live at your childhood homes?
Wouldn't a simple "Happy Birthday" be sufficient if you happen to see him on his birthday?

Of course, if you have an extra kidney laying around with the correct blood type, go with that. It would definitely be better.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by myselff77:
Do you or him still live at your childhood homes?
Wouldn't a simple "Happy Birthday" be sufficient if you happen to see him on his birthday?

Of course, if you have an extra kidney laying around with the correct blood type, go with that. It would definitely be better.
I'm sure the with the strength of CP we can find one
[Reply]
TLO 07:50 AM Today
Have him join CP and I'll make him a Happy Birthday thread
[Reply]
neech 07:56 AM Today
We had the weirdo neighbor next door give us a watermelon the other day, we thanked him and after he left we threw it in the trash.
[Reply]
srvy 08:03 AM Today
Cook him up a pot of Cows liver with kidney beans.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by neech:
We had the weirdo neighbor next door give us a watermelon the other day, we thanked him and after he left we threw it in the trash.
Bronco fan, eh?
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by srvy:
Cook him up a pot of Cows liver with kidney beans.
Why not just use his, and add a nice chianti.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:22 AM Today
Sorry for your "buddy" and I hope he gets well. You don't really need to give him shit except well wishes and T/P if that's your thing. But my real issue here is I want one of those fucking melons.
[Reply]
wazu 08:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by myselff77:
A friend of mine actually donated a kidney to his friend's wife a couple of years ago. The way it works, though, your blood type doesn't matter. If you are the "donor" your kidney goes into a big kidney exchange network, and is matched with the best recipient, while somebody else who has found a "donor" is matched with your intended recipient. So because my friend was willing to part with his kidney, it meant that the woman he was trying to save would immediately be matched with the best kidney on the network for her.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
A friend of mine actually donated a kidney to his friend's wife a couple of years ago. The way it works, though, your blood type doesn't matter. If you are the "donor" your kidney goes into a big kidney exchange network, and is matched with the best recipient, while somebody else who has found a "donor" is matched with your intended recipient. So because my friend was willing to part with his kidney, it meant that the woman he was trying to save would immediately be matched with the best kidney on the network for her.
Holy shit. Didn't know it worked that way. Turns the xmas gift exchange into a quagmire.
[Reply]
DementedLogic 08:54 AM Today
I'm sure a can of kidney beans would be well received.
[Reply]
Up