ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Planet categorized as phishing?
Lzen 07:38 AM Today
My employer has blocked access to CP And it gives this reason. Can someone explain why CP is categorized as a phishing site? Mods? Kyle? I'm guessing they use a service that incorrectly categorized this site. I did check in the Norton website test and it says CP is safe. Any idea why whatever service would do otherwise? And perhaps you could get them to change it?
Attached: 20241016_082937.jpg (120.2 KB) 
[Reply]
stanleychief 08:27 AM Today
I would more likely classify this site under catfishing rather than phishing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:32 AM Today
If I type the web address into my browser it opens but if I try to access a thread via the search my employer blocks the site when clicking on the link

For example I tried searching for the Investing thread earlier this morning through the Search feature. If I click on it through Google I get the employer blocked message but just typing in the CP web address into a browser pulls up the forum no problem
[Reply]
stanleychief 08:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If anything's changed, it's on their end, not ours. It wouldn't surprise me if some firewalls don't like the fact that we're on 15+ year old software with security issues.
I just checked this site using a free online tool. It isn't blacklisted anywhere, but it does take some hits for some missing HTTP headers, and serving mixed HTTP/HTTPS content. Probably combine those all together with the fact that it has a 'register' link and I wouldn't be surprised if some overly paranoid scanner would tag it.
[Reply]
HemiEd Today, 08:35 AM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd. Reason: out of my league
DaFace 08:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I just checked this site using a free online tool. It isn't blacklisted anywhere, but it does take some hits for some missing HTTP headers, and serving mixed HTTP/HTTPS content. Probably combine those all together with the fact that it has a 'register' link and I wouldn't be surprised if some overly paranoid scanner would tag it.
Yeah, no surprise there. I've tried to force HTTPS, but I think AC reverted it because it was messing with one of the other sites hosted on here or something.

I've kind of given up on trying to fix that kind of thing. This server's a bit of a mess in terms of setup, so it kind of is what it is until we move to something more modern.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:38 AM Today
You access CP at work?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by Lzen:
My employer has blocked access to CP And it gives this reason. Can someone explain why CP is categorized as a phishing site? Mods? Kyle? I'm guessing they use a service that incorrectly categorized this site. I did check in the Norton website test and it says CP is safe. Any idea why whatever service would do otherwise? And perhaps you could get them to change it?
Maybe try doing your job instead of sitting on CP.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Hi Mr. Lzen,

It is me, your IT admin. Sorry for the inconveniencing of you.

If you so kindly could click on the link below and enter your password we will clear this up for you and you can be remanessing about football once our team clears the virus from your computer.

thank you
It support.

(link)
[Reply]
Renegade 09:34 AM Today
My work computer on Monday said the connection is not private and attackers may be trying to steal your information

NET;;;ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:35 AM Today
Yeah I got that a bunch yesterday.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up