ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Pete Rose
GabyKeepsMeWarm 05:18 PM Yesterday
The hit king is dead at 83.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:02 PM Yesterday
I remember my father bitching about 2 MLB players. Pete Rose was a "hot dog" and John Mayberry struck out too much.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

We ain’t talking about some guy fresh out of college. That’s a grown ass man.
Yeah, that's inexcusable.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:06 PM Yesterday
He will be in the hof next year now.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Valiant:
He will be in the hof next year now.
No he wont. He's not going to be unbanned. Even if he did get unbanned it's not up to MLB if he gets in the HoF. Neither MLB nor the Veterans Committee have shown any interest in celebrating him.

There's no "lifetime ban." It's a "permanent ineligibility." His death means nothing.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:52 PM Yesterday
Pete Hose... Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:31 AM Today
He cheated. Enough said.
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Leaned into a Leonard pitch to get hit, took a step toward the mound as if he was pissed on his usual way to running to first base. He was trying to fire up his team, and it worked.
Good memory! He also did something on a foul ball, but it has been so long ago that I forget.

I know that series made me hate him.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Good memory! He also did something on a foul ball, but it has been so long ago that I forget.

I know that series made me hate him.
Ninth inning of Game 6, Bob Boone bobbled a pop foul near the dugout, and Rose reached out and caught it for the out.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Ninth inning of Game 6, Bob Boone bobbled a pop foul near the dugout, and Rose reached out and caught it for the out.
That was just a good play. They were very fortunate. I can't blame them for that one. I can blame him for intentionally letting himself get hit by a pitch.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:36 AM Today
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Pete Hose... Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Yeah, because that's how we do things in this country. What a joke.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:39 AM Today
All sports leagues are full of s*** but no sports league is as full of s*** is Major league baseball and It's associated management.

They have Pete Rose stuff in the Hall of Fame literally in the building above the plaque room.
In the present they now have partnerships with sports betting.
There are guys on the ineligible list that are in the hall.
Before baseball was on steroids it was on amphetamines and before it was on amphetamines it was on alcohol. Major League baseball has always been on drugs.

Put the guy in the hall where he belongs.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Yeah, because that's how we do things in this country. What a joke.
I contend he did do the time and the time is over.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
All sports leagues are full of s*** but no sports league is as full of s*** is Major league baseball and It's associated management.

They have Pete Rose stuff in the Hall of Fame literally in the building above the plaque room.
Before baseball was on steroids it was on amphetamines and before it was on amphetamines it was on alcohol. Major League baseball has always been on drugs.

Fuck this.

Did Pete know it was against the rules to bet on baseball? Yes.

Is betting on baseball a detriment to the integrity of the game? Yes.

Did Pete know that if he was caught betting on baseball that there would be repurcussions? Yes.

Was Pete a grown ass man capable of making grown ass decisions? Yes.

Pete Rose's corpse can continue to rot knowing that he will never be allowed in the baseball Hall of Fame. He can have a circle jerk with Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Shoeless Joe Jackson in whatever afterlife there is.

It's pretty simple, don't fucking cheat. Jesus Christ, it's something that everyone teaches their kids as they get into sports and it's the simplest thing in the world to follow.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
**** this.

Did Pete know it was against the rules to bet on baseball? Yes.

Is betting on baseball a detriment to the integrity of the game? Yes.

Did Pete know that if he was caught betting on baseball that there would be repurcussions? Yes.

Was Pete a grown ass man capable of making grown ass decisions? Yes.

Pete Rose's corpse can continue to rot knowing that he will never be allowed in the baseball Hall of Fame. He can have a circle jerk with Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Shoeless Joe Jackson in whatever afterlife there is.

It's pretty simple, don't ****ing cheat. Jesus Christ, it's something that everyone teaches their kids as they get into sports and it's the simplest thing in the world to follow.
Always been on f****** drugs. That means Mickey Mantle on f****** drugs. Babe Ruth on f****** drugs. All of them cheated and if all of them cheated then none of them cheated.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:

You’re assuming that he is banned based on what we know. Rose was very eager to accept a lifetime ban so the mlb investigation would stop. Unless the suggestion is to allow the mlb to complete the investigation, which I doubt the rose family wants. Or Pete would have wanted.

Secondly there’s always been a tiny bit of forgiveness for performance enhancement. Because you still have to try to win the game. There’s always been very low tolerance for betting on your own sport, less for betting on your team, zero tolerance for throwing games. Because it’s way easier to lose games on purpose than it is to cheat to win. If anything all the ties to betting these days increase that scrutiny. The most important thing is fans feeling confident that their games are not influenced by Vegas.

I do agree there is a double standard in wanting him to be a hero and banned for life at the same time.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up