Page 54 of 54
« First < 4445051525354
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Week Six Games Thread
Easy 6 11:00 AM Today
Who ya got?

Looking forward to this Ravens vs Commanders game
[Reply]
philfree 09:14 PM Today
I hate the donks but I picked them to win and of course they suck and lost. Fuckin'donks! Cost me a perfect week with the Buffs and Jets left to go.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:16 PM Today
"All good. All good".
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Wouldn’t call them a bad team. When healthy their offense can be passable enough if they can finish drives. They’ll get nabers back. Tracy looks really impressive and needs to be their lead back.

It’s boring ass football. But they can probably get 7 or 8 wins which is average. Think we just have ptsd from all those years we played this boring brand of football

Okay. They have a bad QB. They probably have some other holes I'm not really aware of, but the biggest issue is that they have a $160 million QB that probably shouldn't be a starting QB in the NFL. If they had a passable QB they might actually get into the playoffs.

And I practically grew up watching Marty ball, so I don't mind a team that runs the snot out of the ball and plays solid defense. Hell, I love watching a really great defensive battle. But this game wasn't that, by a long shot.

And incompetence at key positions like QB just makes for terrible football for fans.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:23 PM Today
Based on how bad the Jets & Giants have been in their home stadium the last 15 years, I am thinking they should just start over with a new stadium once again.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Okay. They have a bad QB. They probably have some other holes I'm not really aware of, but the biggest issue is that they have a $160 million QB that probably shouldn't be a starting QB in the NFL. If they had a passable QB they might actually get into the playoffs.
That contract was just plain dumb. He’s overpaid as hell and a dumb move for a team like the giants who’ve done a real good job getting some young talent. I do think sometimes we get carried away with trashing other teams players who could be a lot worse. Jones is overpaid but there are way worse QBs out there. He’s generally put his team in a position to win most of these games.

I mean, people want to talk about the new look offenses with Flacco and dalton at the helm. But the giants could do worse than a qb who leads long ass plodding drives to support their defense. Think we forgot what our offense looked like under Alex smith in the years where we couldn’t buy a wr touchdown or we kicked a gajillion field goals.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:36 PM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That contract was just plain dumb. He’s overpaid as hell and a dumb move for a team like the giants who’ve done a real good job getting some young talent. I do think sometimes we get carried away with trashing other teams players who could be a lot worse. Jones is overpaid but there are way worse QBs out there. He’s generally put his team in a position to win most of these games.

I mean, people want to talk about the new look offenses with Flacco and dalton at the helm. But the giants could do worse than a qb who leads long ass plodding drives to support their defense. Think we forgot what our offense looked like under Alex smith in the years where we couldn’t buy a wr touchdown or we kicked a gajillion field goals.

Not to argue too much, but Jones completed a tick over 50% of his passes tonight. 4.4yds/play. 57.7 PR. And in the second half, Daboll just eliminated Jones for the most part, other than calling a bunch of designed QB runs.

And I checked already; Jones is only better than about 10 NFL starting QBs, that's it. And that's just PR, I didn't even check QBR or any other statistical metrics; he's probably worse than that.
[Reply]
Calcountry 09:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I just came here to say that. Why was this a Sunday Night Football game?
Because New York
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:57 PM Today
Baker Mayfield is now the NFL's leading TD passer with 15, 3 more than Burrow, in second place.

LFB
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Not to argue too much, but Jones completed a tick over 50% of his passes tonight. 4.4yds/play. 57.7 PR. And in the second half, Daboll just eliminated Jones for the most part, other than calling a bunch of designed QB runs.

And I checked already; Jones is only better than about 10 NFL starting QBs, that's it. And that's just PR, I didn't even check QBR or any other statistical metrics; he's probably worse than that.
Dabolls second half script should have been the first half script too. He got a little carried away because they had success last week with big plays to slayton. Jones is a game manager, which in a lot of ways is kinda just saying “it is what it is.” He isn’t going to beat you. But if you play defense and run the ball, he can grind out the short stuff. That was a pretty good second half if they don’t leave 6 points on the board with missed FGs. They didn’t ask jones to do as much but he made enough plays to keep the drives going.

The stats are gonna be uglier. But I don’t see it as giving you any worse a chance of winning than, say, Trevor Lawrence or Flacco or Carr who can be explosive at times but don’t manage the games at all. That’s mostly my point. If the giants can just finish off more of their drives they’re a lot closer to middle of the road than it looks just because they’re so damn boring
[Reply]
Page 54 of 54
« First < 4445051525354
Up